• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MCOL case General Sanctions Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCOL case General Sanctions Order

Hi, I have a case where my friend is the Claimant, he has received a General Form of Judgment or Order and on MCOL there states that a General Sanctions Order has been made. Please can anyone tell me what this means and what we should do next. I want to request a Default Judgement But the N225 form doesn't cover my scenario.. The Defendant is defending my claim but returned the DQ 2 weeks late, and has now not replied to General Form of Judgment order within the court specified timescale. This form states that we are "At liberty to enter judgment" Please can you advise how I do this? I tried calling the court but I waited so long my home phone ran out of charge.
    Tags: None

The defendant may have a genuine reason why the DQ was filed late and you may find the GSO is removed on MCOL soon
    Your friend should wait to see if the defence is struck out by the court but I doubt it will be for a DQ filed 2 weeks late

Comment

If you are now at liberty to enter judgement, use N255 request for judgement form: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ecified-amount
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
        If you are now at liberty to enter judgement, use N255 request for judgement form: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ecified-amount
        Hi, thanks but the N255 form only gives me two options. Option A states.. "The defendant has not filed an admission or defence to my claim" In our case the defendant has filed a defence but not responded to the General Form of Judgment order. Can you advise if I should select Option A or not? I am currently looking at Form N244 as an option. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Comment

Adapt the form, using pen and ink, to refer to the order.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
            Adapt the form, using pen and ink, to refer to the order.
            Thanks very much.. Great doc by the way!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X