• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Small claims - trader-legal home insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you received his defence yet?
    Presumably when you mention responding to that defence you are thinking about your witness statement?

Have you looked at these guides:
    https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf
    https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...+web+FINAL.pdf

Comment

To update you. The company, which is limited, appear bit to have put a defence in, even though they said they would. I have now filled out a judgement form, and the wait time is quite long for the courts to deal with this.

I am surprised no defence, but I'm sure once the read over all the correspondence, they would want to avoid going to court, they also lied! Now my concern is , knoeing how they are, I can't see them paying it. The court say they cannot make them. Can please tell me what my options would be, if I find myself in this situation. Probably April time.

Comment

there are different steps one can take to enforce a judgment.

Is the defendant a limited company?

Comment

Hi. Yes they are a limited company. Sorry for earlier typos!

Comment

For starters: https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-...rce-a-judgment

Comment

Thanks for that, will check this out and keep in touch when I know what is happening.

Comment

To check any other fees I may have to pay the court,, enforcement etc can I add this to the ccj. And claim any interest for delays?

Comment

Court fees are added to your claim when submitted
                  Enforcement fees are also auto added if you instruct enforcement officers

Comment

Thanks again for your help with this. I'll post any updates when i hear back from the courts. Unfortunately, it will be a while

Comment

Hi there, I have now received judgement by the court. The company has 30 days to pay. I would be very surprised if I get it. Can I request direct to them how I would like it paying? Bank transfer etc.?

Comment

Send the Company copy of the judgment (they may not have received their copy ) and ask them to pay in whichever way you prefer.
                        Of course they may just send a cheque so they have easy proof of payment for themselves!

Enforcement methods as per link in post 20 if they fail to pay

Congrats on the win

Comment

Thank your for your help, I think i will send them a copy of judgement thanks and put down how I want to be paid. I haven't got it yet so I don't want to get my hopes up too soon. I'll update you though.

I do have another small claims to do, another trradesman. This is not straightforward, as the guy is now on an IVA, they won't accept my details until i get a ccj. I may not get anything at all, the court fee is expensive but I'm hoping if the guy gets a ccj, he will get a bad credit rating

Comment

Regarding this other claim have you approached the IP?
                            If this is a post IVA claim I believe you aren't bound by its terms and can proceed against him

But this isn't my scene so might be worth starting a new thread about it.

Comment

@des8
                              what section should I post about IVA please.

Comment

I'd start the new thread in the same forum as your current thread

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X