• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Different advice on issuing a court money claim, and I can't go forward...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by des8 View Post
    For the limited company I would use the registered address, for the other entity (mr dodgy t/a ** repair centre) I would use the address at which you know he is trading.

So sorry, there's so much to take in...both are limited companies.

Making up fictitious trading names here...

The premises where I bought the car, and paid £50 deposit to:
    Abracadabra TRADE Centre Ltd

The place the dealer co-owns, and where the works were supposedly done, and 99.9% payment was made to:
    Abracadbra REPAIR Centre Ltd

Wouldn't I just name the two businesses, without using any 'trading as'?

Would I need to add the co-owner of the repair centre (he is the person who did the so-called repairs and service too?)
    I know you can only name two defendants using MCOL, otherwise it is the paper route.

A thought I had re a Section 75 claim. I forgot about this for the moment, with all this mess going on.

I paid £50 deposit by my credit card, then at the premises did a partial bank transfer from my account, and my daughter (also present) sent them a bank transfer from her account too (she loaned me some money for a while)

Would the section 75 claim cover her bank transfer payment? I can't find this out to be honest. I called the credit card provider, and the call handler said they didn't know either.

Sorry this is a nightmare...

Comment

I think that is the first time you have mentioned that both companies are limited.
      On the invoice one is shown as "ltd" , the other not
      Are they separate companies i.e. have their own individual registration number?

If so, yes just name the two companies and use their registered addresses

Sec 75 claim is for the purchase price. The fact you have borrowed part of that from your daughter should not, IMO, make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        I think that is the first time you have mentioned that both companies are limited.
        On the invoice one is shown as "ltd" , the other not
        Are they separate companies i.e. have their own individual registration number?

If so, yes just name the two companies and use their registered addresses

Sec 75 claim is for the purchase price. The fact you have borrowed part of that from your daughter should not, IMO, make any difference.

I'm sorry, if I didn't say that earlier. My brain is a complete mess, and I'm having weird dizzy spells through stress overload.

The dodgy TRADE centre address (wrongly stated on Companies House) shows it's a LTD company and it says the same on their website,

The REPAIR centre address is a LTD company too on the invoice under the CC receipt. Their address is correct on Companies House.

Only the REPAIR centre has a VAT number on the invoice though.

I've just gone back to Companies House, and both businesses have different company numbers stated there.

My daughter paid more than me by bank transfer through her current account, but if it doesn't matter where the money came from, that would be very helpful. The invoice doesn't state who paid what and by whom.

Whether the credit card company will reimburse me for the costs to prove the cars true condition is, unknown.

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X