• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Starting a claim against creditor who has sold debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default Judgements CPR 12.5.1 states "....notice should be given in accordance with Part 23."

CPR 23.4 (1) "The general rule is that a copy of the application notice must be served on each respondent"

so yes..

Comment

Thank you, the Defendant has filed a response so we're going to court it looks like. When I can request documents for disclosure? Is there some kind of form I have to fill out?

Comment

If this is allocated to the small claims track the court directions will in all probability state something like "all documents parties want to rely upon at trial must be filed at court and served on the other party no later than 14 days before the hearing."

Comment

So I've received a directions questionnaire from the court. Given the value of the claim i am proposing it be allocated to the fast track as its over 10k. The order is asking for a draft order of directions, is there any standard template for this? I don't understand as the examples I've seen have dates on them but surely I wouldn't know the dates until the court decides this? Do I just leave the dates blank?

Comment

Standard Directions: https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...il-court-cases

Practice Directions CPR 28 Fast track; https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr.../pd_part28#3.1

If you are not much in excess of £10,000 it might be worth suggesting small claims track on the basis it will not be a complicated case.
            You might be lucky, otherwise remember fast track has adverse cost implications and you have already been rebutted by the lender and FOS.

Comment

It's quite in excess of 10k so I don't think they will approve that. Thanks for the link. In terms of the dates is there any specific timeline i have to follow? Or can I suggest any dates I think are suitable. E.g. 3 months from now. Is there any example/template you have a link to please?

Comment

Don't have templates, but I would leave it to the court as they are so clogged at the moment

Comment

Can I request specific disclosure on the draft directions? Or does this have to be done separately?

Comment

I think (note "think") that a separate application has to be made to the court for an order for the specific disclosure sought and to be supported by evidence

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X