• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

don't understand clarification I've to provide For claim against bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't understand clarification I've to provide For claim against bank

Well I've filed a small claim in Scotland using the Simple procedure , equivalent to English small claims, and I've been asked by the sheriff to clarify something in legal jargon which i don't understand.*
    I’ve filed a simple procedure action against a bank at Glasgow sheriff court, claiming £60 for lost interest, £2 for underpayments of interest, £30 for a Chaps payment. The sheriff has written to me asking me to clarify*the Legal basis on which I say the sums sued for are due. Can someone explain what this would be? Thank you

Tags: None

What instigated your claim ? Was a payment in to your account mislaid ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      What instigated your claim ? Was a payment in to your account mislaid ?
      â€Thank you for responding.

There are 3 parts to my claim, without going into detail, these are,
      1. The bank made it difficult for me to withdraw my money so I lost interest I would have got with another bank
      2. The bank underpaid interest I was due
      3. A Payment I made at the bank to my electric supplier was not processed correctly by the bank and the supplier didn’t receive it to my electric account

I can provide more detail if needed
      thanks again‹

Comment

Hi, can anyone help me with this please? The sheriff has also asked me and the bank to try to resolve the issue before setting a hearing and I’ve arranged a phone call with the bank on Friday, so any advice before then would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by typoi View Post
          Thank you for responding.

There are 3 parts to my claim, without going into detail, these are,
          1. The bank made it difficult for me to withdraw my money so I lost interest I would have got with another bank
          2. The bank underpaid interest I was due
          3. A Payment I made at the bank to my electric supplier was not processed correctly by the bank and the supplier didn’t receive it to my electric account

I can provide more detail if needed
          thanks again‹
          All of this will be covered by the contract you have entered into with the bank and it's terms. The legal basis of the claim in breach of contract based on those terms.

You will need to prove that the bank entered into specific terms of performance regards the withdrawals, that the interest rate you were paid differed from the contractually agreed one and that you suffered a loss due to the payment not being processed.

Originally posted by typoi View Post
          Hi, can anyone help me with this please? The sheriff has also asked me and the bank to try to resolve the issue before setting a hearing and I’ve arranged a phone call with the bank on Friday, so any advice before then would be appreciated
          This isn't uncommon as ideally you don't want to go to court.
          COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X