• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Owed £50,000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owed £50,000

Dear Sirs or Madames - Short of it is a man owes £50,000 plus interested but disappeared for 3 years but we have just found him. Been advised to get the court papers filled them in and get a process server to serve him with the court papers. Could someone tell me the court papers needed and so we get him into court? Can the courts help with advice? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards Di
    Tags: None

Originally posted by zonal View Post
    Dear Sirs or Madames - Short of it is a man owes £50,000 plus interested but disappeared for 3 years but we have just found him. Been advised to get the court papers filled them in and get a process server to serve him with the court papers. Could someone tell me the court papers needed and so we get him into court? Can the courts help with advice? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards Di
    https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money

It may be wise to run through your claim before you go spending £2,500 issuing a claim and with full cost implications in the Fast or Multi Track.

What is your cause of action?
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Just as important is whether the guy has £50k, or even £5k, and what you'll do if he ups sticks and runs away again? You may be about to pour good money after bad, I'm afraid.

Comment

As 2222 said, it matters the most if the person who owes you the money has the money or can raise the money to pay the debt if they are ordered to. I know this is easier said and by someone who is not owed £50,000 but it will be completely pointless taking this person to court if they do not have the money to pay.

All to many people think that taking them to court is the right thing to do because they want their day in court and/or its the principle. I would advise against thinking like this is if you are as the only thing you will have is a worthless piece of paper and potentially a hefty bill of legal costs to pay.
        The information I supply is provided for informational purposes only and, should not be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by james_law View Post
          As 2222 said, it matters the most if the person who owes you the money has the money or can raise the money to pay the debt if they are ordered to. I know this is easier said and by someone who is not owed £50,000 but it will be completely pointless taking this person to court if they do not have the money to pay.

All to many people think that taking them to court is the right thing to do because they want their day in court and/or its the principle. I would advise against thinking like this is if you are as the only thing you will have is a worthless piece of paper and potentially a hefty bill of legal costs to pay.
          An order is only useful if it can enforced otherwise it's just an expensive bit of paper.
          COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X