• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please Help - not sure what to do next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Please Help - not sure what to do next

Good Morning... seems like ages since I wrote on this post. I did not have internet for a while and naively I figured no news was good news, as the weeks passed and life happened I pushed it to back of my mind. Well yesterday got home to the letter that Nem had previously said I would get and that was from the Court saying this case had been allocated to the nearest county court and I was to wait for judges directions.
    I honestly at one point as it has been so long (May) thought it was over with.
    Anywhooo is it safe to assume that that's exactly what I do at this point and wait for Judges directions?

Thankyou as always for being here... :0)

Comment

Originally posted by Pancho79 View Post
      Good Morning... seems like ages since I wrote on this post. I did not have internet for a while and naively I figured no news was good news, as the weeks passed and life happened I pushed it to back of my mind. Well yesterday got home to the letter that Nem had previously said I would get and that was from the Court saying this case had been allocated to the nearest county court and I was to wait for judges directions.
      I honestly at one point as it has been so long (May) thought it was over with.
      Anywhooo is it safe to assume that that's exactly what I do at this point and wait for Judges directions?

Thankyou as always for being here... :0)
      Hello Pancho,

Some in some area's the courts have quite considerable backlogs an admin gets delayed.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions at any time.

nem

Comment

Hello Nem... so do I just wait for my local court to inform me of judges directions?
        Thanking you as always :0)

Comment

Hello Nem so do I just wait to see what judges directions are? Thankyou :0)

Comment

Hello Nem... so do I just wait for my local court to inform me of judges directions?
            Thanking you as always :0)
            Hi Pancho,

The next step will be your witness statement which will have to be served on the claimant and the court at least 14 days prior to a hearing.
            All Documents on which you intend to rely upon in court have to be attached to the WS and properly indexed you must have the original documents n court.

Once yo get the directions from your local court come back if you need help.

nem

Comment

Ok... will do. I'm sure I'll need help. I know this can be mind boggling. So I'll just wait for directions before attempting witness statements etc Thankyou..

Comment

Ok... will do. I'm sure I'll need help. I know this can be mind boggling. So I'll just wait for directions before attempting witness statements etc Thankyou..
                Yep!

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Don't let it stress you Pancho there will always be help for you on LB.

nem

Comment

Is it obvious...I'm stressed lol I thought I'd lost keys this morning..... cheers for your wise words Nem.

Comment

Is it obvious...I'm stressed lol I thought I'd lost keys this morning..... cheers for your wise words Nem.
                    :okay:

Comment

Good morning guys it is freezing.

To bring you up to speed. I received a letter from the local court just now (Mon 21st) the envelope was open so I think it found its way to someone elses letter box...anyway It was dated 16th November (Wed of last week)

Ill include copies with this message but basically it has ordered that this case is suitable for mediation and both parties contact mediation within 7 days of the order. Which would be 23rd...2 days from now???

And if mediation is not successful there is a date for a court hearing scheduled for new year.

So I would like to know if it is possible - what do I do now?

I have followed all the steps you guys and this site has outlined from the very beginning I first received that first court letter from the Nottingham courts.

Mediation was encouraged then but I did not receive the documents that were requested in the beginning from Hoist, so on ringing the court at the time I said that I had not recieved these documents and mediation could not continue without these documents. So many weeks and weeks passed and I received this letter which I have enclosed.

So I am wondering do I contact Mediation again and say I am interested but can Hoist please send me the documents before we proceed?

Please advise me in what should be the next step... Thankyou as always Pancho x
                      Attached Files

Comment

Good morning Pancho.

The judge has ordered the claimant to produce the documents so the ball is in their court now, so you have no need to do anything on that.

I would advise the HMCTS Small Claims Mediation Service of the judges order and that you till have nothing from the claimant.

nem

Comment

@nemesis45

Hello Nem

Am I missing something as I thought I had to ring or email and say yes or no to mediation... so I should ring or email and simply let them know that I have yet to receive documents from Hoist?

Actually I feel like a numpty - but can this email take the form of a general letter..

eg... address...date... claim number... my name...hoist.... "on 21st nov I received an order from xxx court from judge xxxx. I still have not received the documents I requested from Hoist and their solicitors"

obviously it will be more professional :0)

I am really clueless about what to put in this email.

Your guidance on this is much appreciated

Thankyou Pancho x
                          Last edited by Pancho79; 21st November 2016, 11:27:AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Yes of course just tag [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] I'm a bit busy but I'll pick up the thread.

nem

Comment

@nemesis45

Hello Nem

I hope you are ok and having a good day.

Did you get chance to see my message re sending an email and the do I say Yes or no to mediation? Would an email along the lines of "the judge has ordered mediation but hoist portfolio and their solicitors still have to provide me with documents requested" I am really not sure at all. D'OH...I'm having a moment. Your input would be appreciated as always. I don't have a house phone and Ive used all my minutes till later in week when they get renewed, so an email is best option today atleast and if I have to let them know 7 days from 16th Nov, then that means tomorrow is my deadline...

Thankyou
                              Pancho x

Comment

@nemesis45

Hello Nem

I hope you are ok and having a good day.

Did you get chance to see my message re sending an email and the do I say Yes or no to mediation? Would an email along the lines of "the judge has ordered mediation but hoist portfolio and their solicitors still have to provide me with documents requested" I am really not sure at all. D'OH...I'm having a moment. Your input would be appreciated as always. I don't have a house phone and Ive used all my minutes till later in week when they get renewed, so an email is best option today atleast and if I have to let them know 7 days from 16th Nov, then that means tomorrow is my deadline...

Thankyou
                                Pancho x
                                Morning Pancho,

Yes send the e-mail say yes to the mediation if the claimant fails to provide the documents it can only look good for you.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X