• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New member - Need help with Brian Carter/Lowell Court Claim please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New member - Need help with Brian Carter/Lowell Court Claim please!

Thank you for your reply. I have sent Brian Carter template reply about CPR31 as example from forum library, and the responding letter from the court states: "this case is suitable for allocation to the small claims track" and I completed the Small Claims Directions Questionnaire form which has led to the mediation which is supposed to be 8th february however I have missed a phonecall to confirm this as in work today, I will have to contact mediation tomorrow... I am confused as to what I should do next, and extremely worried as do not want a CCJ. Also one other question the default on my credit file is for a different amount than stated by Brian Carter.... Grateful for any advice.
    Kate

Comment

HELP PLEASE!!

Hi, court date 5th May 2016, had not recieved CCA requested from Bryan Carter Solicitors, then recieved change of solictors to Lowell solicitors who issued copy of CCA and statement from original debtor shop direct debtor for £3147.86, last payment 05/06/2012 default date 03/01/2013, however my equifax report stated original debt default £2470 but there is no date, lowell are stating default for £3147.86 03/01/2013. Should I now contact mediation as I have copy of CCA? I have not yet recieved witness statement from Lowell, nor have I submitted mine, and I am aware of court date looming 5th May 2016... Please help I am desperate and 8 months pregnant and really want to avoid CCJ and stress of this...
      Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Comment

[MENTION=1937]nemisis[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Kate999 View Post
          HELP PLEASE!!

Hi, court date 5th May 2016, had not recieved CCA requested from Bryan Carter Solicitors, then recieved change of solictors to Lowell solicitors who issued copy of CCA and statement from original debtor shop direct debtor for £3147.86, last payment 05/06/2012 default date 03/01/2013, however my equifax report stated original debt default £2470 but there is no date, lowell are stating default for £3147.86 03/01/2013. Should I now contact mediation as I have copy of CCA? I have not yet recieved witness statement from Lowell, nor have I submitted mine, and I am aware of court date looming 5th May 2016... Please help I am desperate and 8 months pregnant and really want to avoid CCJ and stress of this...
          Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help
          WS must be submitted " At Least 14 Days Prior to a hearing " so get yours done asap.

nem

Comment

Thanks for reply Nem, do you think I should contact mediation service for a settlement rather than potentially recieving CCJ?
            Many thanks

Comment

Thanks for reply Nem, do you think I should contact mediation service for a settlement rather than potentially recieving CCJ?

Many thanks

Did you not fill in form N181 which asked about mediation.

It is still possible ( should you want to) to approach the claimants solicitors suggesting a repayment plan secured by a consent order, no CCJ as long as repayments are reasonable, affordable and sustainable.

nem

Comment

Yes I filled the form in, but had not recieved any documents for mediation to continue, but now I have recieved copy of CCA and ?copy of statement from shop direct account since the change of solicitors from Bryan Carter to Lowell solicitors. Is my case worth me trying to defend in court or trying to go through mediation for some sort of settlement? Court letters state mediation can be 10 days before court date. If I settle for consent order will I be settling for whole claim, which I dont agree is the correct amount? Grateful for advice.
                Kate

Comment

Yes I filled the form in, but had not recieved any documents for mediation to continue, but now I have recieved copy of CCA and ?copy of statement from shop direct account since the change of solicitors from Bryan Carter to Lowell solicitors. Is my case worth me trying to defend in court or trying to go through mediation for some sort of settlement? Court letters state mediation can be 10 days before court date. If I settle for consent order will I be settling for whole claim, which I dont agree is the correct amount? Grateful for advice.
                  Kate
                  Hello Kate,

Let's see what you have received please post copies here after redacting name address/account numbers first.

nem

Comment

Please find attachments
                    Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X