• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt of 8 years old and have just had a CCJ put on my file.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Debt of 8 years old and have just had a CCJ put on my file.

.Or this . slight word changes from the former document
    Attached Files

Comment

This is the last amended defence letter and am going to send off today. If you could just browse through it Amethyst, would be appreciated.

John
      Attached Files

Comment

My thoughts:

Oppose ANY extension of time the claimant has had since October as [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] has said to retrieve the documents.
        It appears that given the " age" of the alleged debt the claimant it highly unlikely to be able to continue further.
        You also state that to the best of your knowledge and belief the alleged debt is statute barred.

nem

Comment

Many thanks

Printing and sending today

Comment

Hello everybody

I think it has been 11 months since Cabot started chasing me for a debt that is now ten years old. I have received the following letter through the door on Saturday and would like to know where I go from here. Do I have options such as pursuing the money that I spent in legal fees and if so where do I start. Or as one of the members said previously, just let it go and move on ????

Have I won or do I now need to send more forms and fees to the judge to ask if to strike out or set aside ?????

Many thanks to Amethyst and Nemesis for all the hard work and patients that they have had with me in what I regard, quite a stressful part of my life.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by john45uk View Post
              Hello everybody

I think it has been 11 months since Cabot started chasing me for a debt that is now ten years old. I have received the following letter through the door on Saturday and would like to know where I go from here. Do I have options such as pursuing the money that I spent in legal fees and if so where do I start. Or as one of the members said previously, just let it go and move on ????

Have I won or do I now need to send more forms and fees to the judge to ask if to strike out or set aside ?????

Many thanks to Amethyst and Nemesis for all the hard work and patients that they have had with me in what I regard, quite a stressful part of my life.
              Good morning John you have indeed won, it's gone no more forms to fill in at all!!

Just keep all the correspondence file it and forget it.

Well Done!!

nem

Comment

Will this ever come back and haunt me via another debt company or will the courts put an end to this Nemesis ????

And thank you for all you have done.

Comment

Will this ever come back and haunt me via another debt company or will the courts put an end to this Nemesis ????

And thank you for all you have done.
                  Even if someone else gets their hands on this John you have the upper hand always!
                  I seriously doubt that anything more can or will be done!
                  As said file forget and get on with life as normal you have WON!!

nem

Comment

Hello all. Just need your advice again. Since receiving the letter of discontinuance to pursue this matter any more, I have today (5/10/16) had a letter come through the post from Cabot saying that the so called outstanding balance for the money owed is being reviewed for legal action. If I do not contact them within 28 days from the letter this will go further. What is my next course of action ???

Many thanks

John

ps phoned the court and they indeed have the letter that Cabot sent out to all parties in regards to not pursuing the matter any further.

Comment

left hand not knowing what the right hand doing, this reported a few times now,

send copy of the discontinuance recorded delivery and advise them to read it! or a formal complaint to their CEO should do it = see if other state different.

Comment

This broke up my marriage and now this. Thank you for your words of advice. Just wish I had now counter claimed for the fees incurred by myself.

John

Comment

Hello all. Just need your advice again. Since receiving the letter of discontinuance to pursue this matter any more, I have today (5/10/16) had a letter come through the post from Cabot saying that the so called outstanding balance for the money owed is being reviewed for legal action. If I do not contact them within 28 days from the letter this will go further. What is my next course of action ???

Many thanks

John

ps phoned the court and they indeed have the letter that Cabot sent out to all parties in regards to not pursuing the matter any further.
                          What's the date on the letter John? Is it from the same Cabot company?

You can if you want ignore it. My feeling would be to send a copy of the discontinuance with a short note that any further legal action will be robustly defended.

I suspect though that this maybe just total incompetence.

nem

Comment

Hello again Nemesis

I didn't think I was going to be talking on this site quite so soon. The letter was sent on 30th September 2016 and after going back to the other letters', it indeed is from the same Cabot being Cabot Financial UK. I didn't really want to have to defend any further legal action as it was this time last year they first started legal proceedings and had a wonderful Christmas ta boot. But thanks for getting back to me so promptly and I will take tomorrow off to sort this mess out.

John

Comment

Hello again Nemesis

I didn't think I was going to be talking on this site quite so soon. The letter was sent on 30th September 2016 and after going back to the other letters', it indeed is from the same Cabot being Cabot Financial UK. I didn't really want to have to defend any further legal action as it was this time last year they first started legal proceedings and had a wonderful Christmas ta boot. But thanks for getting back to me so promptly and I will take tomorrow off to sort this mess out.

John
                              John If you feel you need further assistance please just tag [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] and I'll pick up the thread.

nem

Comment

Dear Nemesis

I made the cardinal sin last night and phoned Cabot to find out what is going on . I kept the conversation to a minimum and did not give out any contact details apart from the ones they already have. It seems according to them, I had another loan from Halifax which just happened to be the same amount as the previous one. This is totally preposterous and untrue so as well as sending a copy of the discontinuance letter sent to the courts and myself, shall I send another letter as well in regards to me not owing the money and them having so many days to provide evidence to prove otherwise ???

In other words, should I start again with the legal letters that Legal Beagles advise to write when first approached with a debt that I do not owe ????

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X