• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt of 8 years old and have just had a CCJ put on my file.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Debt of 8 years old and have just had a CCJ put on my file.

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
    John If you feel you need further assistance please just tag @nemesis45 and I'll pick up the thread.

nem
    Dear Nemesis

I made the cardinal sin last night and phoned Cabot to find out what is going on . I kept the conversation to a minimum and did not give out any contact details apart from the ones they already have. It seems according to them, I had another loan from Halifax which just happened to be the same amount as the previous one. This is totally preposterous and untrue so as well as sending a copy of the discontinuance letter sent to the courts and myself, shall I send another letter as well in regards to me not owing the money and them having so many days to provide evidence to prove otherwise ???

In other words, should I start again with the legal letters that Legal Beagles advise to write when first approached with a debt that I do not owe ????

Comment

send a letter stating prove it - do not TALK to them on the phone always in writing Recorded Delivery, more you talk to them then they will harass you and Gould you into making mistakes = letter only and be firm, remember you are just a number out of 100,000s and until you pop up then your file is on a computer.

learn from our mistakes from the past.

Comment

Originally posted by john45uk View Post
        Dear Nemesis

I made the cardinal sin last night and phoned Cabot to find out what is going on . I kept the conversation to a minimum and did not give out any contact details apart from the ones they already have. It seems according to them, I had another loan from Halifax which just happened to be the same amount as the previous one. This is totally preposterous and untrue so as well as sending a copy of the discontinuance letter sent to the courts and myself, shall I send another letter as well in regards to me not owing the money and them having so many days to provide evidence to prove otherwise ???

In other words, should I start again with the legal letters that Legal Beagles advise to write when first approached with a debt that I do not owe ????
        Hello John,

What a bunch of " T wats " they are.

Yes send Carboot new CCA request with the £1 statutory fee asap.

With the CCA request you can send a letter stating that you do not acknowledge and liability to Cabot and that you have contacted Halifax and issued a SAR which will take up to 40 days for a response. ( Cabot use a 40 days timescale when they are requesting documents from creditors so play their game)

tag [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] if you need more info.

nem.

I think also it would be worth attempting to contact Halifax and check what the real story is try phoning first, if unsuccessful a Subject Access Request made under the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 this is to get details of ALL accounts you may have had with a creditor they have 40 days to comply and there is a £10.00 statutory fee for this but I think it would be worth it with Cabot being so awkward.

Comment

Dear Nem

First of all I do not know how to tag
          Secondly, going back to last October, I phoned Halifax up and it was only for one loan and one loan only. They stated that they would not send out another copy of the agreement as it was supposedly sent out to an address in 2007. The debt was then sold on to Cabot in 2007

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            Hello John,

What a bunch of " T wats " they are.

Yes send Carboot new CCA request with the £1 statutory fee asap.

With the CCA request you can send a letter stating that you do not acknowledge and liability to Cabot and that you have contacted Halifax and issued a SAR which will take up to 40 days for a response. ( Cabot use a 40 days timescale when they are requesting documents from creditors so play their game)

tag @nemesis45 if you need more info.

nem.

I think also it would be worth attempting to contact Halifax and check what the real story is try phoning first, if unsuccessful a Subject Access Request made under the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 this is to get details of ALL accounts you may have had with a creditor they have 40 days to comply and there is a £10.00 statutory fee for this but I think it would be worth it with Cabot being so awkward.
            Dear Nem

Secondly, going back to last October, I phoned Halifax up and it was only for one loan and one loan only. They stated that they would not send out another copy of the agreement as it was supposedly sent out to an address in 2007. The debt was then sold on to Cabot in 2007

Comment

Cabot Credit Management
              Mr Ken Stannard Chief Executive
              Email kstannard@cabotCM.com
              Telephone 01732 524600
              Switchboard 01732 524600
              Website http://www.cabotCM.com
              Postal Address 1 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UA
              Company Number 05754978
              Company Status Active (Established 24/03/2006)

Comment

Dear Nem

Ok John, Tag [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] is all you do.

That stuff Cabot's theory of another account.

I think a letter just saying that you have been in contact with the original credit and they have confirmed that only one account existed and if Cabot continues to pursue a non existent debt you will inform the FCA about their conduct in this matter.

nem

Comment

send a e-mail to the CEO above setting out your complaint as you state the OC state that there was only one account failure which you will report them to the regulators?

if the OC states no 2nd account then force them to prove it that they have magishioned one out of thin air! so may mess ups by some incompetatnt people in that company it would seem?>? up to you!

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                    send a e-mail to the CEO above setting out your complaint as you state the OC state that there was only one account failure which you will report them to the regulators?

if the OC states no 2nd account then force them to prove it that they have magishioned one out of thin air! so may mess ups by some incompetatnt people in that company it would seem?>? up to you!
                    Don't recommend e-mail for this situation Mike it needs to be formal.

nem

Comment

yes OK - formal complaint by Letter Recorded Delivery but be stern.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                        yes OK - formal complaint by Letter Recorded Delivery but be stern.
                        Of course " unless " the unfair default is remedied etc!".

nem

Comment

Going back through legal documents and it seems that the Cabot that has contacted me yesterday was Cabot Financial UK ME19 4NA and the previous correspondence was Cabot Financial UK BN11 1QP . Slightly different websites and buildings just down the road from each other. ????????????????

Comment

which letter should I send or should I incorporate them both ??
                            Attached Files

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION]

Went into the Halifax branch and spoke to a lovely manager. She tried to dig up any information about my previous accounts but she found nothing that goes remotely that far back. They don't even use the type of reference number that I gave her any more. She also gave me the address for the complaints department of Halifax which she told me to send a copy of the SAR.

She said it will speed things up a bit. :-)

John

Comment

Going back through legal documents and it seems that the Cabot that has contacted me yesterday was Cabot Financial UK ME19 4NA and the previous correspondence was Cabot Financial UK BN11 1QP . Slightly different websites and buildings just down the road from each other. ????????????????
                                There's quite a few different addresses some inherited when Cabot took over or merged with other companies.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X