• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from Shoosmith Solicitors/cabot financial threatening court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letter from Shoosmith Solicitors/cabot financial threatening court

Thank you.

Comment

You can contact royal mail but I think they always say wait 14 days before they will start to track it.

Comment

Ok, i was just a little worried about the old 14 day limit for me to reply and cabot using it against me claiming they never received the letter or something. shoosmith has recieved the letter tho.

Comment

Originally posted by padmd900 View Post
          Ok, i was just a little worried about the old 14 day limit for me to reply and cabot using it against me claiming they never received the letter or something. shoosmith has recieved the letter tho.
          The 14 days to reply were on Shoosmith's letter which you have replied to and as you say, they've received it. That means you've fulfilled your side of the bargain there. In many cases, a response like that where you ask for the documents they would rely on if they were to issue a claim makes them go away ray: and move on to the next case down the line who will probably ignore their letter, that's when they'll go issue a claim. :mmph: The CCA request wasn't a requirement as such, just one more weapon in your armoury so to speak.

Quite a number of people have successfully avoided court action by various firms of solicitors just by sending a response letter like that. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Comment

Thanks for the response, really put my mind at rest

Comment

Hello,

I received a letter from shoosmith today. Im unsure on whether i need to respond or not?

It says

"We write with reference to the above matter and further to your letter dated 22 September.

We note that you have requested a number of documents and have referred to a request made under the sections 77 and 78 consumer credit act 1942, on 22 september 2015.

We can confirm we have not received the above request. should you wish for us to provide the requested documents. we kindly ask that you forward your request, endorsed with the relevant fee, to your offices within the next 7 days,

We look forward to heard from you with 7 days
              "

Comment

Did you send the letter suggested by FP in post 8 to Shoosmiths, if so i suspect it is the last paragraph that they are referring to where there is a mention on S77-79.

If that is the case I do not think there is any need to respond to it , however has there been any change on the Signed for letter to cabot that contained the S77-79 request? You mentioned that it was not showing up as being delivered .

Comment

Originally posted by padmd900 View Post
                  Hello,

I received a letter from shoosmith today. Im unsure on whether i need to respond or not?

It says

"We write with reference to the above matter and further to your letter dated 22 September.

We note that you have requested a number of documents and have referred to a request made under the sections 77 and 78 consumer credit act 1942, on 22 september 2015.

We can confirm we have not received the above request. should you wish for us to provide the requested documents. we kindly ask that you forward your request, endorsed with the relevant fee, to your offices within the next 7 days,

We look forward to heard from you with 7 days
                  "
                  Hi, could be a postal problem but get the request resent, please remember the only documents
                  that can be requested under these sections of CCA 1974 are the agreement, and document mentioned
                  in the agreement and a current statement of the account.

nem

Comment

Assuming the letter sent was the one in post 9 then it is only asking for the correct documents

Comment

aye i sent the CCA request so cabot with the £1 fee and the other letter FP mentioned to shoo smith. i checked the tracking on royal mail for the cca request to cabot and still hasn't been signed for? would you recommend getting in touch with royal mail or just resending the cca request?

Comment

You wrote to Shoosmiths, including this in your LBA response.

Additionally, there is a duty to supply documents under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. A request has been made under ss.77/78 on xx/xxxx/2015 and I am awaiting a response.
                        The reply from Shoosmiths reads to me that they are misinterpreting the above as you saying you have made a CCA request to them, which obviously you didn't, and they are querying that.

In fact you were referring to the one sent to Cabot.

So looks like just crossed wires.

Comment

Yes that's what i thought too. im unsure on how to reply to be honest or do they think ive sent the cca to cabot which i have and they are saying "hasn't been received" which is hasn't but im unsure if its royal mail i call to say it has failed to be delivered even tho it was signed for next day delivery etc.

- - - Updated - - -

perhaps send a letter to shoosmith saying i sent the cca request to cabot and not them?

Comment

Personally i would ignore Shoosmiths

As for Cabot , any joy on the delivery?

No harm in sending another one especially if you sent it to a PO box

Their address I believe is
                            I Kings Hill Ave
                            Kings Hill
                            West Malling
                            Kent
                            Me19 4UA

Comment

Still no delivery to cabot, i do keep checking. do you think its worth calling royal mail to chase it up or just send another CCA request to cabot? I was going to go post office on my lunch today.

shall i send any form of letter to shoosmith?

thank you!

Comment

I would contact royal mail. As no claim has actually been made yet sending another one is not so vital.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X