• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from Shoosmith Solicitors/cabot financial threatening court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letter from Shoosmith Solicitors/cabot financial threatening court

The other option of course is a cheque if anyone still has a cheque book. It does not have to be your cheque though . Cheaper than a P.O.

Comment

I no longer have a cheque book. Ill just pay the extra 50p when im down the post office. Get this ball rolling.

Comment

neither do I but some people do, my OH, my Mum to name two

Comment

very good point actually, ill ask my partner this evening!

Comment

Would it be ok i returned to this thread when i get some replies from the 2 companies for some more advice? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Berniethebolt View Post
              neither do I but some people do, my OH, my Mum to name two
              I've not had one for years and years, that's why I didn't mention it, didn't think people would have them these days.

Comment

Originally posted by padmd900 View Post
                Would it be ok i returned to this thread when i get some replies from the 2 companies for some more advice? thanks.
                Yes of course keep the thread updated please.

nem

Comment

Yes, definitely, do keep us posted. :typing:

I think in my haste to cover everything I neglected to say that they have 12+2 working days to respond to a CCA request, after that the debt becomes unenforceable. Knowing Cabot, they'll probably reply saying it will take them 40 days to get the documents. That's fine, there's no need to chase up that request, just keep that letter in case you hear from Shoosmiths again.

With a bit of luck, Shoosmiths will go quiet once you challenge them to produce documents they'd rely on if they were to issue a claim. :tape: :tape2:

Comment

I am not sure where I mentioned it but in 2012 I received what I now know was a LBA ( It was head in the sand time when it arrived) . Within I few days I sent a CCA request, I think I had one more letter after that and then nothing, Eventually I challenged the default and they even removed that. It was only £500 mind but it was a win

Comment

Good afternoon guys, letters have been posted recorded delivery with the PO in with the cabots letter. fingers crossed!

Comment

Good afternoon guys, letters have been posted recorded delivery with the PO in with the cabots letter. fingers crossed!
                        Well done please keep us up to date on what happens.

nem

Comment

Good day guys,

Well i have had no replies but i checked the tracking on the letters and the letter to shoosmith was delivered on friday but the letter to cabot financial still hasnt arrived despite it being recorded signed for? Is this royal mails problem or is cabot doing something sneaky?

"Item BZ646742283GB was posted at Primeco Ltd NN1 1AF on 23/09/15 and is being progressed through our network for delivery."

Comment

Good day guys,

Well i have had no replies but i checked the tracking on the letters and the letter to shoosmith was delivered on friday but the letter to cabot financial still hasnt arrived despite it being recorded signed for? Is this royal mails problem or is cabot doing something sneaky?

"Item BZ646742283GB was posted at Primeco Ltd NN1 1AF on 23/09/15 and is being progressed through our network for delivery."
                            The Royal Mail system doesn't always work 100%, I've had replies to letters that never showed up as being delivered by RM, I've also had the postman pop a letter through the letterbox without ringing the bell when the letter was supposed to be signed for. :ohwell:

Comment

oh ok so nothing to worry about you think?

Comment

oh ok so nothing to worry about you think?
                                Not really, no. You may soon hear from Cabot that it will take them 40 days to comply.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X