• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer clarke saying agreement of termination date is acknowledgement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mortimer clarke saying agreement of termination date is acknowledgement

Ok a Little research has One SRA registered Manager.
    Let's give him a nudge.
    Mr Richard E Mathias
    Manger
    Mortimer Clarke Solicitors Ltd
    3rd Floor
    16- 22 Grafton Road
    Worthing
    West Sussex
    BN11 1QP

Date........................
    Ref: use theirs.
    Re: Statute Barred ( Alleged Debt)

Dear Mr Mathias,
    This is a letter of complaint regarding an alleged debt for £... .. arising from an account with xxxxx which I have stated is statute barred under section 5 of The Limitation Act 1980.
    I confirm my position on this matter.

Since I first informed Mortimer Clarke Ltd., of the status of the alleged your staff have " come up with" various misguided claims that the alleged debt is not statute barred in order to mislead me into either admitting liability and or making payments.

The reference to the BMW Finance Ltd - v Hart Appeal Court Judgement has been misinterpreted and used to attempt to deny the status of the alleged debt.

I am sure you are aware that a termination of such as an account as this is Not an acknowledge of liability and has no merit.
    Their Lordships In BMW - v - Hart found that the date that the creditor was first permitted to demand payment in full was the the start of the relevant 6 year period specified in s.5 of LA 1980.
    The claims that various payments of fees / charges applied to the account and thus the alleged debt is not statute barred are also of no merit.

I suggest that Mortimer Clarke Ltd., now withdraws its claim immediately and confirms in writing that it has done so within 7 working days of the date hereon.

Therefore the alleged debt is clearly statute barred, and I will not make any payments in regard to the alleged debt.

Use signed for post, check delivery date.

nem

Comment

Thank you so for this I will get this sent straight away and let you know the outcome

Comment

Originally posted by thewalkinglark View Post
        Thank you so for this I will get this sent straight away and let you know the outcome
        Let's hope Mr Mathias has the Ba**s to sort this out.

Comment

Hi nemesis
          i received a letter back from these today saying the following

thank you for your letter dated 20 March. Please find attatched a copy of our complaints procedure.
          we will investigate this matter and will endeavour to write to you with our findings within 4 weeks of receipt of your complaint (I.e. By 21st April 2015). If we cannot respond within that timescale for any reason we will contact you to let you know when you can expect to hear from us. In any event we will send you a final response within 8 weeks (I.e. By 19th may 2015).
          we confirm that the matter will of course remain on hold in the meantime.

what do you make of that? Can they take this long?

Thanks

Comment

Hi A Formal Complaint allows the recipient 56 days to fully investigate and respond after which is no response is received or it I an inadequate response you can then take the matter to the appropriate regulatory body.

nem

Comment

Hi nem I got 2 letters today from MC I will take pics and upload so you can read them but basically they are saying they are sticking to this BMW v hart and would use it in court

Comment

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Comment

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Comment

Early in the judgement their Lordships refer to " termination of the hiring of this agreement ( I know this without looking) this clearly signifies to my mind that the judgement was in regard to hire purchase accounts, (Loan secured on goods) not a debt arising from simple contract.
                    Early in the thread you mention receiving a copy of the agreement, it would help to have a copy posted here please

nem

Comment

Hi thanks for replying I have put the agreement on here if you look through should see it on page 2 that is all I have and all they have

Comment

OK I think I'm seeing daylight here, those two pages are all the Cabot has provided as "an agreement" no other pages provided ??
                        There nothing there that proves that this is related to your agreement as far as I can see.
                        Was the agreement HP, conditional sale, lease hire?

nem

Comment

Hp as I was meant to pay £150 a month for 4 years

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that is all they sent me that original agreement and a statement of what I had paid

Comment

Those pages are not even a recon agreement, which must have your name and address as at the inception of the agreement and the same for the creditor, the Ts & Cs are obviously not complete, and would Not in my opinion be acceptable as satisfying a CCA request nor to allow a court to enforce the debt.

Being of a suspicious nature I would not be surprised if the BMW - v - Hart saga was to draw you away from the fact that the agreement is crap!

nem

Comment

Yeah all that is is the agreement that I signed when getting the car
                              what would you suggest to do now? As they haven't actually stated what they are going to do next

Comment

Signature page all the terms and conditions present?

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X