• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - lowell portfolio/ lloyds bank/ Bryan carter - 20/01/2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - lowell portfolio/ lloyds bank/ Bryan carter - 20/01/2015

This is their witness statement

- - - Updated - - -

The first picture again
    Attached Files

Comment

Can't seem to get the first picture not squashed up!!!

- - - Updated - - -

First picture again
      Attached Files

Comment

I don't know how that can pass as a witness statement! It goes against the very definition of what a WS should be, i.e. a statement of facts that the *witness* has, uhm.... witnessed! An employee of Mr Carter's can't possible know what the policy of the original creditor would have been, not without powerful psychic powers! The defendant "would have received a default notice at the time" REALLY? How does she know? supernatural powers again? Are they attaching the default notice as an exhibit (I don't see it mentioned)? Finally, the last paragraph reads more like an application to strike out the defence than a WS. :confused2:

The most significant part are the alleged statements, because they would show when the last payments were made, although with overdrafts the clock doesn't start to run until the bank issues a formal demand. Any idea when that was (apologies if I asked this question before, it's been a while)?

Comment

Originally posted by baby_bernie88 View Post
          Can't seem to get the first picture not squashed up!!!

- - - Updated - - -

First picture again
          That WS is a mess seems to be a generic template.

Carters usual statement of what "might" have been supplied
          by the original creditor is nonsense.

Also I note the statement regarding " not meeting minimum
          monthly payment", surely this is relevant to a Credit Card or Loan
          But Not to an overdraft.

Cleary (in my opinion) this has never been reviewed by the " witnesses " superiors!

nem

Comment

Carter going to court on that witness statement!! ??????????? bet they do not!

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
              Would be lovely to see the judge's face if it did! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                Carter would be crass enough to try it!!
                His instructions from Lowell must come form its " legal council" who should no better!!

nem

Comment

Well no wonder they said they won't be turning up in court lol!!
                  so basically what they have passed off as a ws is actually a load of rubbish.
                  started to worry abit then, but for now I will just write and send letters to Lowell, bc and the courts saying I have no other evidence to submit
                  thanks everyone you a such a great help.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                    The most significant part are the alleged statements, because they would show when the last payments were made, although with overdrafts the clock doesn't start to run until the bank issues a formal demand. Any idea when that was (apologies if I asked this question before, it's been a while)?
                    i haven't got a clue, it's been so many years I couldn't even begin to remember, I just about remembered having a lloyds Account at all, I didn't even know it had an overdraft facility on it, I thought it was just a plain basic account where you couldn't get an overdraft.

Comment

i haven't got a clue, it's been so many years I couldn't even begin to remember, I just about remembered having a lloyds Account at all, I didn't even know it had an overdraft facility on it, I thought it was just a plain basic account where you couldn't get an overdraft.
                      Could it be that it was, in fact, a basic account and the overdrawn balance is fully made up of charges? I had an account like that, no O/D facility but when I stopped using it they just piled on the charges on top of more charges, then unauthorized O/D charges, etc.

Comment

started to worry abit then, but for now I will just write and send letters to Lowell, bc and the courts saying I have no other evidence to submit
                        It is!

A WS is not a statement of what Mr Carter thinks could have been the case, nor is it an application to the court. It's meant to be your own account of certain facts and your understanding of them. Just picture that witness on cross-examination: "so you say the original creditor would have sent xyz documents to the defendant, have you ever worked for X Bank? More to the point, were you working for them in or around xxx/20xx when the defendant opened the account?" "No, Sir". "So how would you know what they would have sent?". :mmph: I have been cross-examined about my own WS and it wasn't pretty even when mine was professionally drafted by my solicitor and didn't include any extraneous nonsense like that.

Comment

I would be very surprised if a district judge would give credence to that WS there are so many mistakes as to make it nonsense!!

One could build a rebuttal to every part of it and use it as a " skeleton" argument.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                            Could it be that it was, in fact, a basic account and the overdrawn balance is fully made up of charges? I had an account like that, no O/D facility but when I stopped using it they just piled on the charges on top of more charges, then unauthorized O/D charges, etc.
                            This sounds entirely possible in this case as limited as my memory is to the account I wouldn't have even requested an overdraft as I know I would forever be living in an overdraft.

Comment

Sent a letter to the courts, Lowell and bc stating I won't be submitting any extra evidence etc.
                              so I guess now I just wait till my court date which is the 3rd August.

Comment

Sent a letter to the courts, Lowell and bc stating I won't be submitting any extra evidence etc.
                                so I guess now I just wait till my court date which is the 3rd August.
                                Yes it's all you can do, that WS of theirs is horrendous!!

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X