• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

civil enforcement ltd - small claim court.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civil enforcement ltd - small claim court.

Hi. Where to start! I originally received a PCN from Civil enforcement on 20th may 2014 claiming a parking infringement on a co-op car park on 23rd oct 2010! I wrote back on 22nd may stating I was appealing the claim stating
    1. The vehicle was not improperly parked
    2. The Parking Charge exceeded the appropriate amount
    3. I am not liable for the charge.
    I told them I would not be entering into any more correspondence or giving them any more details and told them to either cancel the invoice or refuse my appeal withing 35 days of this letter. If my appeal was refused I asked them to provide me with a POPLA appeals code as per the BPA code of practice section 22.8 within the 35 days.Ii received no such reply and considered the matter closed. Then, on the 26th sept 2014 i received, along with I believe about 2000 other people, a Claim form from Northampton County Court. I again wrote to CEL quoting my letter of the 22nd may 2014 re the appeal and the fact that i had not heard from them within the 35days. I asked them to respond or I would use the letters in my court claim. Needless to say I heard nothing from them. I filed an `Acknowledgment of Service with the CCMC In Salford stating my reply to their nine point claim PLUS my non reply from CEL regarding my letter to them of the 22nd may and my follow up letter of the 26th Sept 2014. I have now received a letter from the CCMCC sayin mMy case is suitable for a small claims track. My question is, should I go down this route or leave it for a Judge to sort out, (should CEL allow it to go that far!)

Splinter 44
    Tags: None

Re: civil enforcement ltd - small claim court.

Popla never applied as it's a 2010 case.

Post up your claim form and defence without your name address reg number and claim number.

M1

Comment

Hope you got my last reply mystery1 re claim and defence..

Comment

Never seen anything apart from your opening post.

I need as much info as too what has gone on as possible.

M1

Comment

Damn! Thanks for your swift reply Mystery. I Typed out the claim and my defence, posted it off ...and it hasn`t arrived. Okay, I`ll start all over again. I guess there must be a way i can post the originals on here without typing them all out again. I have until 10th Nov to decide what to do. This CEL really are a pain in the a...

Splinter 44

Comment

I am trying to cut and paste the original documents into this forum but the `paste` instruction is greyed out. Any ideas?

Comment

Email them to admin@legalbeagles.info and they'll edit your details out and post them

Cel are renowned for going as far as making you go to court but not turning up.

M1

Comment

Hi Mystery. i wonder if you`ve had chance to look at my defence and could tell me which route to take ie. small claim or ignore.

Splinter44

Comment

Did you email admin?

What is the date on the claim form ?

Under no circumstances do you evr ignore court forms.

M1

Comment

Hi. i have got to reply stating whether I want to go ahead with the small claim route by 10th Nov. Yes, I sent my defence reply to Admin the same day

Splinter44

Comment

I'll check my inbox, apologies if I have missed it.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Got it thankyou, and my apologies for missing it originally.

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]
                        Attached Files
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by splinter44 View Post
                          Hi. i have got to reply stating whether I want to go ahead with the small claim route by 10th Nov. Yes, I sent my defence reply to Admin the same day

Splinter44

Ok, what is the date on the claim form ?

The other 2 documents, did you enter this to the court as a defence ?

Have you received anything aprt from the claim form from the court ?

M1

Comment

Hi. The date on the claim form is 24th sept 2014.
                            The other two forms are my proposed defence.
                            I have received the claim form (N1) and the response pack (N9) on which I returned the which No only the claim form

Comment

[QUOTE=splinter44;487455]Hi. The date on the claim form is 24th sept 2014.
                              The other two forms are my proposed defence.
                              I have received the claim form (N1) and the response pack (N9) on which I returned the acknowledgement of service.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X