• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arrow Global/MBNA - Court Claim

Unfortunately (and sorry its taken me a few days to get back on this) it does look as though the agreement would be enforceable. Its an online agreement from Feb 2006. All the original terms are present and the relevant tick boxes ticked. The assignment looks fine. Only thing I can't see is the default notice ?

However, your defence was based on being unaware as to what the debt is and asking for the documents, as opposed to defending the claim, so now you have the documents you can apply to amend your defence, if appropriate, or amend your pleading to an admission and offer to pay.

Were there other issues with the debt ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No problem [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]. I suspect you are a very busy lady! The only problems I had with it were, the debt is showing as settled on my credit file, and i thought I had settled it. I agreed to settle a number of outstanding debts after I sold my house, and thought this was one of them.

The only other thing really was the assignment notice - as it is an assignment of an unrelated debt. Surely Arrow have no authority to pursue the debt they are claiming to pursue, if they have have been assigned a completely different debt?

My overriding fear here is that I get a CCJ. I am almost clear of all the rubbish that the financial crisis bestowed upon me. As of the end of 2015 I will have a clean credit file. So even if this debt is already settled, I'd rather just agree some payment plan and not get the CCJ. I really couldn't handle that setback now. Do you think it is too late for that now? Or can I come to some arrangement with them?

Comment

I don't understand your point about the assignment, the claim, witness statement and assignment notice are all for MBNA c/c of £15k odd ? (probably just me but can you explain a bit more why you think its a different account)
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] - the account number on the assignment notice is not the same account number as the claim .

Comment

ahhh yes 5186 7511 ..... vs 5186 7519.... - that's the card number I believe.

Card number at issue and card number at default could have changed because of a replacement card etc.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

The default notice number is also different to the assignment number

Comment

Which on of the files is the default notice on (I'm probably being blind but I can't see it - its page 21 and I have the assignment as page 22)
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Are there significant differences between the account balances or anything else? Judging from the figures you have posted it looks like a typo or a local change of number, as already stated. An error - certainly - but I suspect that a court would not take that as sufficient grounds to argue that it was a different account.

Comment

I might have missed the default notice in the bundle - I have just emailed it through.

Comment

A/c on drydens letter - 5186 7511
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

That's not a default notice though. Is that what they sent as the default notice ?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

That's an LBA rather than a DN.
                          Attached Files
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

So the a/c no on the DN is 11 0319 2376

and the a/c no on the assignment is 19 9900. 7423

Comment

And there's no account reference on the agreement.

Comment

Doesn't seem to be a Default Notice if that letter from Drydens is what they are saying is a Default Notice (as it just isn;t)

The default notice would be from MBNA giving you 14 days to bring the account back into order else they will default you.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X