• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HFC issued court proceedings - Restons Collection Charge removed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HFC issued court proceedings

Originally posted by fuzzybrain View Post
    i don't how how many charges or the amoutns yet as the little wotsits refuse to send me any details till i have proved my ID and address to them!!!

What do i do next?
    Have they not detailed the charges in this post Legal Beagles ?
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I'm not really sure as they don't actually take anything off the balance - so i can't be totally sure that they have charged me or not.

I thought they had sent statements through, but it turns out there are "payment history records" according to the Restons. When I asked what charges were actually applied to the account he said i would have to ask HFC for a statement of account (which i have done under a SAR - but haven't received anything from them yet)

There are some entries that I questioned with Restons and was told they were "internal accounting entries" but he didn't (and wouldn't) explain what they were when I asked.

Comment

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've lost the plot again - what am I doing and why????

Comment

Help please????

Comment

Have you heard anything back from Restons ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No, only the letter confirming the balance owed. I never sent them a copy of the defence and i have sent them anything since submitting the defence at court - should I have done??? I've just lost the plot completely - too many things going on at the moment!!

Comment

Okay give the court a buzz now and ask if Restons have responded to the courts 28 days letter.

They should have to say they have supplied the info, but even if they havent then they have supplied the info to you so you need to do the N244 and amended defence and copy it to restons.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

The court sent the defence and letter asking them to respond last week, so they still have another 3 weeks to respond to court.

Do I need to sent the amended defence to court/Restons now - or wait until Restons respond to court and respond to what they say?

Comment

You have two options

wait and see if restons respond and hope the case gets struck out in which case they'll apply to set aside on basis they did comply and didnt receive order etc which you cant defend as you have the info

or

just get the amended defence in so its out your hair

guess which one I'd go for lol.

Don't suppose you have a copy of the old credit agreement that this loan consolidated do you?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

wait and see if restons respond and hope the case gets struck out in which case they'll apply to set aside on basis they did comply and didnt receive order etc which you cant defend as you have the info

But they haven't complied - they only sent the CCA, dfault notice and a payment history - nothing at all about the collection charge or if and what other charges have been applied.

or

just get the amended defence in so its out your hair

This makes a lot more sense to do it this way - how do i do this? Do I have to payto amend the defence?

guess which one I'd go for lol.

Don't suppose you have a copy of the old credit agreement that this loan consolidated do you?

I don't think so, but it's possible - will be in a box in the loft if i have, so will have to have a rummage. HFC shoudl really send me all the info they have on me under my SAR but they are still stalling.......

Comment

how long have hfc had?

yes you will have to pay (I think its still £35 for without a hearing application)

Did you scan in the letter from the court telling them to comply with your request for information?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

HFC have had the letter a month now - but are insisting on ID before they release any info. have sent them a letter back, but they haven't responded as yet.

This is the bit i'm confused about!! (I know - it doesn't take much!!)

Where should i have scaned the letter to? i did post what the letter (a couple of pages back on post 86) basically it said that a copy of the defence had been sent to the claimants and they had 28 days to respond or the case would be stayed.
                          Last edited by fuzzybrain; 20th May 2009, 14:44:PM.

Comment

Okay well wait in that case until they respond to the court. Would be useful to see the court letter - was it an order for them to comply with the information request ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hiya

Have posted the letter from court.

Is it est to wait till they respond or sned in an amended defence now???

Comment

Rightio, yes wait for Restons to get in touch with the court so keep the defence for after that.

They just have to reply to the defence saying what they have supplied and what they havent and why, then we counter back at that.

HMCS have gone all Plain intelligible english havent they. much nicer.

All you want to do is have a dig about for the original credit agreement for the first loan, and chase up HFC on the DPA request - if they ask for ID just send them it.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X