• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HFC issued court proceedings - Restons Collection Charge removed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HFC issued court proceedings

Need to add,17/04, that this action was brought with NO prior warning, no LBA or nowt.
    I'd change "lack of evidence" to abuse of process and unwillingness to deal with appointed representatives.

Comment

Thank's CB have editied the version above.

Any other suggestions?? All ideas and advice are very very much welcomed and gratefully received!!

Comment

I'd do the 'letter' as a witness statement so it is a formal part of proceedings.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated indeed.

How do I present the defence and the Witness statement - is there a template anywhere I could lok at?

I have Thursday off work, so i'm going to do the online defence and WT then, but would like to get it all sorted and formated by then, so i know it's all ok to send.

Comment

Help please - how do I present all of the above to the court please??

Comment

Sorry hun - covering letter to court and restons with the witness statement - covering letter to explain this is witness statement in support of your defence (I'd send a hard copy of the defence too)

WITNESS STATEMENT

Case/Claim No: [Claim number] In the [insert court name] County Court

[insert name] CLAIMANT
              -AND-
              [insert name] DEFENDANT

First WITNESS STATEMENT
              OF [insert name]

I, [insert name] of [insert home address] will say as follows:-

1.I am the CLAIMANT is this case.

2.I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence ......

Statement of Truth I believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true and exhibit Exhibits [your initials] comprising of xx pages.

Dated this xxxx day of xxxxxxx 2009
              Signed [type name]

Last edited by Amethyst; 7th May 2009, 09:07:AM.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks for this. I lost my internet connetion this afternoon, so have only just managed to get it back!!

Do i need to put somethign in the WT about the case being transfered to my local court?

In the defence should i take the appendencies out and put them in the WT instead as i can't attach them to the defence as i'm submitting it online - or should I submit an online copy and also post a hard copy of the Appendencies to the court as well as the claimants???

Comment

Defence now filed (thought it was best to do it whilst my internet wasn't playing up!!)

Do I just send the WT to court (CC'd to Restons and HFC) with a covering letter stating:

Please find attched to this letter a witness statement in respect of claim:XXXXXXXX

Comment

Send the Hard copy of the defence to the court and Restons/HFC with a covering letter and include the WS and all appendices. Yes ask for the case to be transferred to your local court in WS and in covering letter.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

I've just received in this morning's post the following from Restons. i have sent the WT in yet, but I have filed the defence. What do I do now???

They refer to a letter i received in their letter, but I haven't got a clue what they are on about - plus they never included a copy of this letter either....
                      Last edited by fuzzybrain; 9th May 2009, 13:37:PM.

Comment

And these.

What is very strange is that the default noite they sent is not the same as the one I received!! They are dated on different days but the amount is the same
                        Last edited by fuzzybrain; 9th May 2009, 13:35:PM.

Comment

I forgot this little gem too!! Didn't stop them issuing court proceedings to me at my adress tho did it!!

Comment

Okay let Curls look at CCA and check its all okay.

Then we're back to the original defend the collection charges and charges and admit debt and offer to pay with IE sheet. Have a look back ast the beginning of your thread for link to my thread.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I think the CCA is all ok, seems to have all the prescribed terms etc. I have already entered a defence tho, so how do I now admit the debt (minus the collection charge and fees)?

Comment

You have to go with an N244 application to amend your defence based on the new information. You reserved the right to amend your defence in the original.

HFC will respond to the defence now saying yes we did give info (but the original defence should annoy judgey enough) so your application notice with the new defence needs to go to court and Restons/HFC.

They havent supplied ALL of the information so probably want to do a letter back quickly first saying oi wheres the breakdown of the collection charge. Their letter to you is just rude btw - should quote preaction protocols etc back at them. Also the claims fast track so part 18 and part 31 will apply if you want to tell them that, although u do really want the claim in small track so if you can keep it in small claims (with the AQ) then do.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X