• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A polite request for help with a parking case brought against me by Highview Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks ok for what it is in the time given. If you're happy get it submitted but you will need to do that by email to the courts as you won't be able to fit that in the defence box online due to a restricted character limit.

The email address is ccbc@justice.gov.uk and make sure to have the following in the subject line:

Filing of Defence - [claimant name] v [defendant name] (Claim No. XXXXXX)
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob,

I submitted my document online yesterday. I just wanted to say thank you again for your help and I will let you know how it goes.

Yours gratefully

Alex

Comment

Hi Rob,

I hope you are well and thanks again for all your help so far. I have received the attached which makes out that they don't know who the driver is despite me stating it in my appeal. I am somewhat confused by their incompetence. Do I need to respond to this? Separately they sent me another letter offering to end the case for £215. Again do I need to respond to that? I would like to counteroffer £2.15 as I feel that is fair, but I feel that would be unwise.

Thank you for any thoughts you are able to share.

Best regards

Alex
        Attached Files

Comment

That's a standard template letter they spout out when a defence is filed but they clearly can't tell their backside from their elbow. At the end of the day, it's not your job to do their job and this letter clearly shows they do not have a clue.

You can choose to ignore the letter, or you could respond in a sarcastic way and invite them to discontinue the claims. DCBL has issued a claim on behalf of its client representing that you are liable as either the driver or registered keeper. As a regulated law firm, they have a duty to the court but also a general duty as regards litigation and to bring/defend cases honestly. Issuing a claim against you with allegations they know cannot be upheld or proven, would of course breach that duty.

Of course, it can be difficult to balance that duty when having to act in client's best interests, but they should know and advise already that POFA is not applicable. Instead, they issue template claims as a catch all which in my view is an abuse of process. The letter is aimed at intimidating you with reference to contempt of court in an effort for you to hand over the information they are asking for.

I probably wouldn't counter-offer anything at this stage but that's your choice. I can provide you with some sample language if you do wish to respond but there's no requirement for you to use any of it as it depends on how you want to address their letter.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob,

Thank you very much for the sound advice. I will ignore my letters and keep my mouth shut to avoid making any mistakes.

As always thank you so much for your help.

Best regards

Alex

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X