• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Business Centre Claim Form from Hoist Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I sent my wife's defence on the 27th of June, the system indicates 'received' on the 28th of June, other than the letter with the '14 days extension' I explained above, there's no update in the system, does anyone know what the time frame is for them to set a court date? or for them to actually reply to my request of providing the data requested?

Comment

if they have not responded to the court system then a case will get "stayed "after 28 days, i.e. parked up and claimant would need to apply to court to unstay case and pay, long may it be stayed (Parked up) await a bit longer as system is behind in reporting due to situation. sit on hands for now

Comment

thanks for the reply, when do the 28 days count from?

Comment

Threre has been an online update on the claim against my wife with the following entry 'DQ sent to you on 30/07/2021' . Can anyone clarify what it is? On my research I found that it might be a form that needs to be filled in order for the judge to have more information? is that correct?

Also, we are abroad and we will not have access to our post, is the DQ something that can be completed online?
          And finally, my wife is really worried about having a CCJ in her credit report and is kind of panicking, will she still have a chance to settle? my advice to her so far after reading this forum has been to hold on and wait for all the documentation to be provided which as far as I can see it has not been provided....(I am now worried that the claimant might have sent that documentation that was pending whilst we are abroad, but I guess that would have also show in the online claim??

Comment

The claimant sending the CCA response will not show on the courts records.

DQ is not online but you can download it, fill it in and send to the court AND the claimant.

If you lose and a pay within 30 days there will be no mark on your credit history

Comment

Thank you Ostell, really, really helpful, I will look for the DQ online, do you know the deadline for sending it back? I'm asking because we are currently abroad. Thanks again.

Comment

is this the DQ that needs to be sent? It's called Form N180 but I think it is the same thing....
                https://www.gov.uk/government/public...l-claims-track

Comment

That is the form, but when sent to you it would have been accompanied by a form giving notice of allocation to a court, and possibly other directions as well.
                  you need to contact MCOL to find out what!

Comment

Really sorry to keep asking questions but after logging into her MCOL case I cannot find a way to contact MCOL, would you happen to know it? I have also asked someone to visit my house and see if the form has been received but we also moved recently and the Post Office redirection service doesn't always work.

Comment

Hi RUKI, when I log in to MCOL there's a link under the claim that says "Contact us for help", click on that gives me:

Email
                      contactocmc@justice.gov.uk

Telephone

0300 123 7050

Hopefully that helps.

Regards, John
                      Last edited by BigJ; 5th August 2021, 11:21:AM. Reason: Fixed formatting

Comment

Originally posted by RUKI View Post
                        Really sorry to keep asking questions but after logging into her MCOL case I cannot find a way to contact MCOL, would you happen to know it? I have also asked someone to visit my house and see if the form has been received but we also moved recently and the Post Office redirection service doesn't always work.
                        That's very useful, thanks, especially because I don't get that link when she logs into her account. I will give them a call to see how they can help me.

Comment

Thanks again, I thought I would update with the number I was finally able to use, seems like the one provided above is for 'Online SiverMoney, or something similar, the correct one for Online Money Claim was 03001231056.

I was also told the correct form my wife needed to send is N149 and as well as obtaining the details of the court where the form needs to be sent to, I enquired about an email option and I was told the following could be used:

ccbcaq@justice.gov.uk

Now I'm filling the questionnaire with her, is it recommended to tick the Mediation Service?
                          Also, the claim has been allocated to the County Court Business Centre in Northamption, is it worth ticking 'Yes' on the location of hearing section to request a Court nearer to where we leave?

Comment

And one final question, in Section H 'Fee' I'm assuming there's no fee to be paid and in Section G 'Other information', should I include here the documentation I have requested from the claimant that they have not yet provided? anything else I should add? Should I copy part of the defence already filed?

Comment

is it recommended to tick the Mediation Service? Yes if you are prepared to compromise.

Also, the claim has been allocated to the County Court Business Centre in Northamption, is it worth ticking 'Yes' on the location of hearing section to request a Court nearer to where we leave? Yes

in Section H 'Fee' I'm assuming there's no fee to be paid correct

in Section G 'Other information', should I include here the documentation I have requested yes

Comment

Thank you for all the answers. This case is approaching resolution, my wife received a letter confirming a mediation call. A couple of days previous to that she received credit card documentation from the solicitors stating that it was all that it was required by current legislation, my question is, how can I check that is actually the case? I.e: how do I know the documentation provided is the full set of information they have to legally provide?. I read somewhere that it has to be the original and not redacted in any way. Could anyone clarify?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X