• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Business Centre Claim Form from Hoist Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Business Centre Claim Form from Hoist Finance

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 27 May 2021
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: Not yet.
    Total Amount Claimed:£ 1,500
    Claimant’s Name: HOIST FINANCE UK HOLDINGS 3 LIMITED
    Solicitors Firm: HOWARD COHEN AND CO.
    Original Creditor: Lloyds Credit Card
    Original Debt:£1,300
    Particulars of Claim:

The Claim is for the sum of £ arising from the Defendant's breach of a regulated consumer credit agreement referenced Under no xxxxxxx.
    The Defendant has failed to remedy the breach in accordance with a Default Notice issued pursuant to ss.87(1) and 99 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
    The Claimant claims the sums due from the Defendant following the legal assignment of the agreement from Lloyds Bank plc (EX LLOYDS TSB)
    Written notice of the assignment has been given.
    The Claimant claims
    1. The sum of £1,150
    2. Costs

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): Not Statute Barred
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): Working on the CCA and CPR

Any Other Information or Background Details:
    Letter received by my partner today so Acknowledgement of Service not filed yet. I'm trying to help her as I successfully followed the CCA request route last year with Lowells and they discontinued the claim.

I'm trying to see what is the best strategy for her in terms of timings, even though the claim states it she is not sure if she received notice of default or written notice of the assignment being passed to HOIST FINANCE.

A few questions if anyone can help:
    - I don't remember sending a CPR request when I dealt with Lowells, would anyone be able to point me to a template and should the CCA and CPR request be mailed separately or one letter including the Postal Order will be enough?
    - Letter was only received today and issued yesterday, I understand she has 14 days to acknowledge the claim and 28 days to file a defence, is it 28 days from the Issue date (yesterday) or 28 days from the acknowledgement day (I doubt this will be the case as it will mean effectively 14 days (aoc) + 28 days (filling defence) = 42 days (??)) This is the reason she has not yet Acknowledged the claim.
    - Pending the previous point timings will be tight for sending the CCA+CPR letter and allowing for the 12 days for them to reply. When would it be the best time to send the CCA+CPR letter, as soon as possible or closer to the deadline for filing defence? If she sends the CCA+CPR letter a few days before filing the defence, will she still be able to use not receiving the documentation as an argument in her defence? (I understand HOIST will have another 4? weeks to be able to present documentation if I'm not mistaken?

Thanks in advance, any help will be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Not my scene but she has 14 days from issue in which to acknowledge claim and 28 days + 5 for service from date of issue to file defence (ie 33 days)

Links to templates foe CCA and CPR requests are in shortcuts panels on right of this page
    Send defence as close to 33 days as possible.

Comment

Thank you very much, that is very useful.
      My remaining question now is when to send the CCA and CPR requests, is it better to send close to the 33 days as well?

Comment

Send now

Comment

Perfect, thanks.

I'll update this thread with how it goes

Comment

CCA Request send with £1.00 postal order and keep copies of all on file send proof of posting free from post office

​​​​​​ CPR 31.14 Request no charge ptoof of posting obtain and keep copy

Comment

Thanks very much for the responses.

I'm moving house in two weeks time which will be in the middle of this process, how should I proceed regarding this? should I put it in the defence, update something online? should I say something about the court where this claim will be heard?...

Comment

You need to inform the parties to whom you sent CCA and CPR requests
                I would do it by email, and confirm in writing (use first class post and obtain free certificates of posting from post office).

Regarding Court and claimant CPR 6.24:
                6.24 Where the address for service of a party changes, that party must give notice in writing of the change as soon as it has taken place to the court and every other party.
                ... So inform them the day you move!

Comment

One more silly question, there's a section on the Claim Form with the Claimant details and another immediately below with 'Address for sending documents and payments'. Is this second address where the CCA and CPR requests should go?

Comment

CCA to claimant + £1.00 Postal order (obtain free certificate of posting from PO)

CPR31.14 to solicitors no fee (free cert. of posting)

Comment

Thanks again All for your help.

My wife got a letter today acknowledging the receipt of the CPR 31.14 and mentioning that they are in the process of retrieving the documents requested.

It also includes the following paragraph " Therefore, please accept this letter as our agreement to a general extension of time. Once we have provided you with the documents requested we will grant a further 14 days for you to respond to the Claim Form as you feel appropriate".

Is this normal practice or some kind of delaying tactics?
                      Also, they do not mention the CCA request I sent....
                      Edit: Actually that is normal as the letter is from the Solicitors which only received the CPR request.

Comment

cca may they not find do not chase them

Comment

Although they have "kindly" given you a 14 day extension, ignore that and keep to court's time lines

Comment

Quick question, I'm completing the deffence for my wife today as I believe is the last day of the 33 days deadline. Is there a way to say the actual claim, including all the points they are making, in the Money Claim website?

Comment

Ignore the question, I just realized that I copied the particulars of claim at the beginning of this thread.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X