• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim Form Received 😕

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim Form Received 😕

Evening all, just looking for some advice , please be nice as I have never had a claim before and is all new to me.

Today I came home to a claim form from county court business center Northampton regarding an unpaid JD Williams debt of £385.62. with court fees etc £470.62.

Now I have submitted a complaint of irresponsible lending to the Ombudsman regarding this debt and unfortunately after nearly 3 months has not been looked at as I rang them the other day,

Now my question is shall I make part payment of this debt (all the money I currently have) and wait for the outcome from the ombudsman, or should I attach my complaint in my defence to the county court? Or would it not be taken into consideration?

I really don't no what to do please help

Regards

Sam
    Tags: None

I would like to add I don't deny the debt , I just believe the credit should of never of been given hence the complainant to the ombudsman

Comment

First Steps read this 1st
      Check dates

Acknowledge Claim = Defend all (no defence at this stage)
      Last edited by MIKE770; 7th September 2019, 20:47:PM.

Comment

CCA Request enclose £1.00 postal order to JD Williams Recorded Delivery keep copy of everything on file now by date
        CPR 31.14 Request;- Request only what is mentioned in the N1 court form claim area send to solicitors who issued claim Recorded Delivery

Comment

regardless of your 2nd comment follow above, as Ombudsman is just an issue but court is serious at this stage,

Comment

Many thanks for your reply, I do apologise but I forgot to add the original debt is JD Williams but it is Restons solicitors who have started the court proceedings, could I ask what or why I need to get the CCA request?
            i do apologise for my lack of knowledge to this.

Regards

Comment

CCA Request
              enclose £1.00 postal order to JD Williams Recorded Delivery keep copy of everything on file now by date = as stated click on the blue CCA Request and send to JDW

Click on CPR and send to solicitors as stated in paragraph e above

Comment

read around the site you will get the idea etc CCA is to see if enforceable or unenforceable under rule, you need to give a lot of info here such as date taken out/last payment/default date

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

Right claim acknowledged as stated above and both requests sent to original creditor and solicitors
                    what's next? Am I just waiting for replies now?

Thanks

Sam

Comment

For now, but keep an eye on the date your defence is due by ( 33 days from the issue date printed on the form) as that needs to be filed on time unless the claimant comes back and specifically agrees to an extension under CPR 15
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Example Defence start to do this one BUT await to update and send 48hrs before latest date to return to court (stops them trying to trash a defence before they submit there's)

Comment

Hi all received a letter from the solicitors and they pritty much replied with they won't be providing anything I shouldn't need anything as i would of received statements and default notices. Not heard from JD Williams yet. What now?

​​​​​

Comment

your defence will quote the letter stating the cpr request etc has not been complied with.

Comment

Many thanks , I'm sorry about how little I no about the process , all new to me many thanks for your reply

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X