• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim Form Received 😕

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    i.e. that on such and such a date a request under CPR31.14 was made for xxxxxxxxxxxx the response from solicitors as quoted here:- etc etc


    • #17
      Hello, Not had anything back from JD Williams only the letter from solicitors stating they will not provide anything, its probably time now
      to start writing a defence. Is there certain things to include in my defence I'm not very good at writing things like this so any ideas would be greatly
      appreciated also is it the whole claim I am writing the defence for? again all new to me this so do apologies.



      • #18
        refer to your request on such a date and state any reply if not adhered to for starters Example Defence adjust to suit case and then ask somebody to look over for you! send in defence 2 days before deadline so as to not give them time to correct their wrongs and trash your defence also keep copy of any letters they send especially refusal to supple requested items?


        • #19
          Cheers everyone, so once the defence is received how long from then will I hear something? And will any response be posted on the money claim site?



          • #20
            Anyone?? I'm just wondering how long they have to make a response to my defence?




            • #21
              28 days once received copy your defence, then if not case gets stayed ,,, leave for 4 days and ask court to verify state of case


              • #22
                Hi all just a quick update ,I have received a letter from the solicitors, and it basically says they want to come to an out of court agreement happy days and thanks for all your help


                View our Terms and Conditions

                LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

                If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

                If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


                1 of 2 < >


                Pre-Action Letters
                First Steps
                Check dates
                Acknowledge Claim
                CCA Request
                CPR 31.14 Request
                Subject Access Request Letter
                Example Defence
                Set Aside Application
                Witness Statements
                Directions Questionnaire

                If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

                NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
                Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

                Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

                If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

                We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
                If your case is over £10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
                2 of 2 < >

                Need Formal Help?

                Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

                Find a Law Firm

                See more
                See less

                Court Claim ?

                Guides and Letters

                Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

                Find a Law Firm