• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claimant threatening summary judgement on stayed ccj claim. Should I reply?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claimant threatening summary judgement on stayed ccj claim. Should I reply?

Morning Beagles.

Received a ccj claim from claimant way back in summer of 2017 (cc debt) restons for arrow for cc company
    I sent in defence , requesting cca documents and with no response the case was stayed.

Now 18 months later I have got a letter from claimant (no longer using restons) with some (not all of the documents i asked for. just agreement, statements but..no assignment and a screenshot form cc records apparently showing issuance of default notice)

Should I reply to them or wait until I receive notice from the court if they go ahead?

many thanks
    Tags: None

Originally posted by peterfranks View Post
    Morning Beagles.

Received a ccj claim from claimant way back in summer of 2017 (cc debt) restons for arrow for cc company
    I sent in defence , requesting cca documents and with no response the case was stayed.

Now 18 months later I have got a letter from claimant (no longer using restons) with some (not all of the documents i asked for. just agreement, statements but..no assignment and a screenshot form cc records apparently showing issuance of default notice)

Should I reply to them or wait until I receive notice from the court if they go ahead?

many thanks
    There is little value in playing letter tennis with these people, but a short letter stating that you do not believe the claimant has met their obligation under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and therefore the alleged debt remains unenforceable put the onus back on them.

If they apply as threatened, you defend the application and come back when you know what their next move is - be it another letter or application to the court..
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Update:

After receiving a letter saying that claimant (arrow) was dropping its representative (restons) and representing themselves...today I got a massive pile of papers from court as a "draft order"
      They ask for the stay to be lifted (from over 18 months ago)
      There be judgement in their favour. My defence be struck out.
      There is then the court application notice followed by mountains of paperwork. (none of which contain original default notice)
      There is a notice of assignment but it is from Arrow and not from the original debtor. Is this acceptable to the court?

My question is how will things proceed from here? Do I need to do anything or just sit tight and wait for the court?

thanks

Comment

Was there a covering letter with the documents the court has sent you? Has the order been made or is the court informing you that Arrow have made an ex parte application ?

Normally you'd get the application from the claimant, not from the court so double check that the court hasn't required you to do anything. If the order has been made you need to apply to set it aside / vary it to defend the app - if it hasn't been made you need to defend the application.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

there is a notice to all parties that of transfer of proceedings to local court
          then , from court, there is the application notice filled out by claimant.

I just don't understand how a court can drop a stay on claim after so long ( i received and defended original ccj application back in AUG 2017)

Comment

Then the main bulk is their witness statement and exhibits

Comment

They've had them lifted and summary judgment after 4/5 years previously.

Okay so the application has been made and the court has ordered it be transferred to local court. You should start putting together your defence ( form of a witness statement is usually best ) to their application.

Was your original defence solely on non compliance with the CCA or were there other issues ?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Defence was standard CCA. However since the MCOL portal has changed (i now can only access it via the HMRC gateway) i cannot access my original original defence or any claims before MCOL made the change

Comment

Should still be available through the original moneyclaim system ?https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

I try that and it just bounces me back to the gov.uk gateway. I've tried calling MCOL for advice but they have no idea. Just the usual "clear cookies and cache" which make no difference..... Its very frustrating

Comment

Ive tried putting in the original claim numbers with passwords into the "new" gateway MCOL ..no dice

Comment

If you go to log in on MCOL it takes you to the govt gateway to log in then takes you back to the MCOL system afterwards... tells me to register as I don't have a current claim in the system. When you signed in to submit your acknowledgement of service then defence you should have obtained gov't gateway log in details? Anyway if not you could email the court and ask for a copy of the defence to be emailed to you as you are having problems logging in - though they might try and charge you a tenner for it....

2019-03-26 12_18_14-Action Centre.png

2019-03-26 12_18_33-Start.png

2019-03-26 12_18_46-Start.png

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks Amethyst... I'll give it go

Comment

well I am planning to spend my bank holiday writing my defence for this since the local court case is set for a couple of weeks. I could really use some help,

I have enclosed some (redacted) copies of their statement to the court and their proofs. My two main questions are: is a computer screen shot a valid document to prove original default was sent? And the letter of assignment is from the claimant themselves and not from the original creditor..is this enough for them?

the first attachment is their original ccj attempt from 2017
                            Last edited by peterfranks; 14th August 2019, 23:57:PM.

Comment

next is their claim for summary judgement 18 months later

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X