• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** Settled at Mediation ** Lowell v ColynB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amethyst Evening.

okay so I finally got my SAR request back from Vodafone however the have sent me everything in the contract that I spoke about earlier on which was closed naturally and in fact they owed me money, and not the one that Lowell are taking me to court with.

dilemma as I also got Invitation to Mediate - email today.

si a few questions , do I need to apply for another SAR request and how do I answer the mediation email regarding “
    2. I can confirm that I have enough information about the claim to allow me to enter into negotiations and that I do not require any further evidence from the other party before I can mediate”

as as I don’t have the paper work from Vodafone that I was needing, and it states I can’t enter mediation without ticking all 3 questions?

So baffled and confused.

again any help on this would be greatly received.

x

Comment

Any advice guys x

Comment

Any help on this would be appreciated so I can file this mediation survey.
        Thanks

Comment

You have to go on the information that has been provided by Lowell, not what Vodafone have provided, tbh both are quite shoddy but it depends... if you think you have enough information to know what the claim is for and how it's been calculated and want to try negotiating a settlement based on that information, you can say yes. No one is going to hold you to it if it goes to court... the mediators don't want to sort out an appt only for one party to say 'but they haven't sent me x,y,z so I can't offer anything without it' .... if you see what I mean.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst That’s perfect advice.

ill get that email send of today then to the mediation team x

Comment

Just a little update my mediation will take place on Wednesday 3rd April . Never been as scared in my life

Comment

Mediation process is very informal. You have a chat with a mediator from the court on the phone, they then speak to the claimant ( separately ), then speak back to you again, just passing messages really... so there is absolutely no pressure or anything to worry about and the mediators understand people are nervous and in tricky situations - and are ridiculously nice by all accounts xxxx
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

So guys my case has been settled.

i will be having them £1375 as a full and final payment,
                  i couldn’t risk losing in court with them having the copies of the bill I did get the equipment charge dropped and also half the early termination charges.

im happy that this is at least closed now ideally didn’t want to give them a penny but couldn’t risk losing in court and paying fill if not more.

so from the bottom of my heart a massive thank you to all and especially AMETHYST

Comment

Comment

How did you find the mediation process ?

Is your agreement for a one off payment or installments ? You should received a mediation agreement from the mediation service confirming what was agreed and what to do when, to ensure they abide by their side of the agreement too ( discontinue the claim and write off the rest of the debt ).
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

I agreed on a term of £50 for 24 months I could have gone a lot lower in the monthly instalments but I just want it off as soon as possible.

I was was told I would receive an email if the mediation team so when I receive it I will update you all.

Comment

And the mediation process was absolutely fine the lady I had was amazing and must have made at least ten calls to me and Lowell. Nothing to stress at all about I think I was just over thickly the whole thing

Comment

£50 a month isn't bad...particularly without having to endure having a CCJ on the credit file - that's pretty much what the court would have ordered had it gone that far, but you'd have a judgment on the register against you as well. Result !

Told you it'd be okay - you did well Overthinking is a bitch ( I'm the worst for it ) xxxxxxxxx
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

So this is the email I’ve received ! Just to confirm everything looks ok right?

if so I cannot thank you all enough for all the help I’ve received these past few months.

Attached Files

Comment

Yip, that all sounds good - well done xxx I know this wasn't your bloody debt in the first place, and it's a pain having to pay it off, but if it's something off your list of things to worry about, it's got to be worth it, and you managed to get a reasonable settlement amount rather than just give in xxxxx

Just make sure you get that Standing order set up and paid well on time each month so it doesn't end up back in court.... and roll on November 2021 ... we MIGHT have left the EU by then
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X