• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** Settled at Mediation ** Lowell v ColynB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So after finally getting through to someone at Vodafone they have supplied me with...

the account was opened in december 2013 with a sim only contract , and then in sept/Oct 14 3 additional lines (2 x iPhones and an iPad) was taking out. Which in the bills that’s Vodafone have sent Lowell. So if I’m right there are missing nearly 8 months of bills from when the account was first opened and when Lowell have supplied me with the bills they have managed to gain from Vodafone, this clearly profs my ex was a liar and toke me for everything he could once our relationship broke down.

they are saying this was a telephone sales which they only keep the calls for 1 year which would have helped me out in proving it wasn’t actually myself that toke out the contracts.

they have also advised that Vodafone have 30 days to respond to my SAR REQUEST which I sent my passport of to them on the 20th so looking at end of March which is there deadline.

Comment

Was the account solely in your name?

Also the cancellation in Jan 15 - did they say if that was cancelled by you by phone again? or if it was terminated ( would be a bit quick to be terminated if the contract wasn't taken out until Oct 14 )
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes the account is solely in my name.

the letter dated on the 20th December 2015
        from Lowell (assigned to Lowell)

shows call charges £915.73
        early termination 915.23
        total due £1831.96

I believe at looking at the bills they have sent is that the additional 3 lines (2x iPhones and IPad) never had any charges attached to them (calls, messages internet) so I’m to believe he sold on these phones or never actually used the SIM cards attached to these orders. Which is why am assuming it defaulted so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by ColynB View Post

shows call charges £915.73
          early termination 915.23
          total due £1831.96

That would be a bit of a coincidence wouldn't it ?

Can you just sort out the Jan 2015 bill/s - pages 1,2,3,4 and A1,A2 ... and email me the pics pls ( so you don't have to reduce them too much as I can't quite make the amounts / text out fully on the attachments) - admin@legalbeagles.info
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

As requested Amethyst I’ve sent that email with scans from the bill. Not sure what you mean by A1 & A2 tho

many thanks

Comment

Ahhhhh thank you that' s much clearer .... have they sent the previous bill thats for £916.73 ?( is that October or December? don't know if the bills were monthly or quarterly?)

So Jan bill....

vodafone.png
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

A1 is
                5.jpg

is there a page A2 of 2 ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Oh I see now Amethyst yes there was an A2 but is blank hence why I didn’t scan that one in, I’ve just forwarded some more pictures of Bills I’ve received from Lowell

Comment

Got them, so from Oct to Jan basically. Looks like one of the iphones/ipad was delivered in Sept '14.

Basically, it seems like you got a contract out for your ex to use, when things went south and you moved out ( guessing as you knew nothing of this until the court claim ), he took advantage and ordered a couple more phones and an ipad on contract and just never paid a bill. One device seems to have been delivered in Sept 14. Somehow managed to order by ringing Vodafone and getting through security by pretending to be you. ???

I'd say it should have rang alarm bells taking out 4 numbers etc... but tbh my Virgin mobile account I have five numbers and devices on ( me, OH and the children )... so it's not unusual at all.

It is ID theft/fraud. But I understand reporting that isn't easy/viable. When did you move out of the address ? Wondering if you can evidence that at all to show you didn't order the other lines/devices ? But then you didn't inform Vodafone you had moved and had taken out the original contract for your ex anyway, so I suspect you'd end up being found liable for them.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks Amethyst that’s my same thought is that the paper work shows I toke out the contract and I’m liable for all four lines under my name. So the best thing to go forward then is trying to make Lowell and offer of full and final settlement, I’m 100% not paying the full amount as regardless it won’t effect my credit rating as it’s due to drop of in March 2021.

Comment

Use the termination/cancellation charge as a negotiation point - there's no breakdown, terms that allow the charge or even date contract was opened and cancelled or terminated... they will need to evidence that in court.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Amethyst
                          Good morning

just checking on moneyclaim and nothing is showing regarding my questionnaire and mediation form I sent off last week they received it on the 6th of March but nothing has updated on money claim despite me needing to file before the 7th of March.

Any help would be greatly received

Comment

It will likely take few days for them to update Moneyclaim online - next should be a letter telling you about mediation and that the case has been sent to your local court... then it's waiting for the local court to get through their backlog to send you directions and a hearing date.

I wouldnt be overly concerned - if a n180 is late they normally write to you giving a further 7 days.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Perfect so me having proof that they received it on the 6th is fine to proof that I filed before the 7th march.

thabk you

Comment

Absolutely fine xxx
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X