• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyd’s sold debt to Intrum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Course - admin@legalbeagles.info - though might not get to look properly till tmw xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst
      going back to post 38 Lloyd’s did fill it in and I signed it and sent it back. The scribbles have been added after.

Also not sure what card it was I applied for
      the statement of account still says,
      Statement of account, as the date of this letter;
      balance on the account is £2,*****
      the arrears on the account is the same
      the amount payable by you to reach us by 07/02/2019 is £2,*****
      and goes on to say the agreement was terminated on 11/12/2007

i was still using the card in 2009 and i have proof with statements

dont know if because the statement of account is wrong if that will have a bearing on the outcome

could I email you over all the docs for you to have a look at please
      many thank for you help

Comment

Hi Amethyst
        did you get my emails yesterday. xx
        it looks like Intrum have passed the debt on to Wescot

Comment

Wow, first class award for the crapiest, shoddyiest, illegible pile of toss goes toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (Drum Roll)

Intrum

I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Hi PT2537
            i have emailed all the documents I have received from Intrum to Amethyst but waiting on a reply.
            would Intrum need this document to back up the Agreement and Terms and Conditions they said Lloyd’s forwarded them. I have tried to contact Lloyd’s to find out what type of credit card I had but no luck yet

Comment

Bump
              Hi Amethyst
              according to lloyds the credit card was changed over to a Lloyd’s master card in 2007 and they now tell me the default date was 21/04/2010
              said there was a mistake with the default date I was first given apparently someone else account.
              I asked if he could send a more clearer application and agreement form they had given Intrum they said they couldn’t but that the application and agreement form wouldn’t make any difference to the agreement they sent out to Intrum

Comment

Amethyst
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber99 View Post
                    Bump
                    Hi Amethyst
                    according to lloyds the credit card was changed over to a Lloyd’s master card in 2007 and they now tell me the default date was 21/04/2010
                    said there was a mistake with the default date I was first given apparently someone else account.
                    I asked if he could send a more clearer application and agreement form they had given Intrum they said they couldn’t but that the application and agreement form wouldn’t make any difference to the agreement they sent out to Intrum
                    Lloyds Default in 2010, unenforceable, they never used the right notice, it was proven in Court, do you have the DN? if so lets have a copy and see what it says
                    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Hi Pt2537
                      i have asked Lloyd’s for the default notice but they told me they don’t keep records that far back

Comment

Need to ask the claimant for it - they'll likely know already it's going to be wrong - the agreement is for the wrong card to the application. So they haven't complied with s.78 fully.
                        image_34650.jpg

Also the account statement says it was terminated in 2007 - would changing to MasterCard terminate the previous account ?no - as that would mean a new agreement is needed for the new account - the account was being used in 2009 ( ref statement) soooo sounds like the debt is from a different agreement than the one they provided that terminated in 2007 ?
                        image_34649.jpg

image_34651.jpg
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi Amethyst
                          lloyds are now saying the card defaulted in April 2010.

Comment

Hi Amethyst
                            this is the most recent correspondence from Lloyd’s
                            Attached Files

Comment

After default in April 2010 then, had you made any payments between then and April 2016 ? You mentioned I think that you last made a payment in Jan 2019 but did you have a period after default where you didn't have any contact ?

That default notice is simply not the same as what you would have been sent. To start with it's for an overdraft not a credit card.

pt2537 any thoughts on that? What was generally the issue with 2010 DNs ?
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Amethyst
                                payments were made through debt management company until 2017 I stopped payments when I asked Lloyd’s for the agreement made 1 payment since. Haven’t paid anything since Intrum brought the debt

thank you for your help it’s much appreciated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X