• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyd’s sold debt to Intrum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyd’s sold debt to Intrum

Hi all need some help please
    lloyds bank sold my debt on to Intrum on 28/11/2018 and informed me on 12/12/2018
    intrum wrote to me on 14/12/2018 they had been assigned the debt and I now owe them the money. I have been asking Lloyd’s for the original agreement since jan 2017 without any rely.
    i still have proof of postage.
    would I now have to go through the process of asking for the original agreement with Intrum or inform them I am still waiting on Lloyd’s to produce the original agreement
    thank you for any advice given
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Bomber99 View Post
    Hi all need some help please
    lloyds bank sold my debt on to Intrum on 28/11/2018 and informed me on 12/12/2018
    intrum wrote to me on 14/12/2018 they had been assigned the debt and I now owe them the money. I have been asking Lloyd’s for the original agreement since jan 2017 without any rely.
    i still have proof of postage.
    would I now have to go through the process of asking for the original agreement with Intrum or inform them I am still waiting on Lloyd’s to produce the original agreement
    thank you for any advice given
    I think you are saying youve made a request under s78(1) Consumer Credit Act for a copy of the agreement? if so, then you would simply need to point out to Intrum that there was an outstanding statutory request, and that they as creditors must now comply, you could make another request direct to them if you wish.
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Thank you Pt2537
      i will contact Intrum tomorrow and will revert back with there answer

Comment

Hi pt2537
        as yet haven’t heard from Intrum but I know it’s early days
        I was just wondering if you could give me a bit of
        advice on another loan I have with Lloyd’s bank
        Again on jan 2017 I wrote to Lloyd’s for the original credit agreement under section 77 of the cca. This loan has been passed around 3 different DMC each time it has changed companies I have asked for the agreement and each time they said it had been returned to Lloyd’s It is presently bck with Lloyd’s In all this time no agreement has been forthcoming.
        No default on debt last payment made jan 2019 loan taken out in 2009. I would like to force Lloyd’s hand to say whether they can produce the agreement or not as I would eventually like to make a full and final settlement.
        Any advice on this matter would be very much appreciated

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber99 View Post
            Hi pt2537
            as yet haven’t heard from Intrum but I know it’s early days
            I was just wondering if you could give me a bit of
            advice on another loan I have with Lloyd’s bank
            Again on jan 2017 I wrote to Lloyd’s for the original credit agreement under section 77 of the cca. This loan has been passed around 3 different DMC each time it has changed companies I have asked for the agreement and each time they said it had been returned to Lloyd’s It is presently bck with Lloyd’s In all this time no agreement has been forthcoming.
            No default on debt last payment made jan 2019 loan taken out in 2009. I would like to force Lloyd’s hand to say whether they can produce the agreement or not as I would eventually like to make a full and final settlement.
            Any advice on this matter would be very much appreciated
            Hi Bomber

Difficult to advise to be honest as to whether they have the agreement or not, however making a full and final offer is not something that depends on whehterh they have the agreement or not, indeed you could use their failings to your advantage in trying to negotiate
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Hi all back for some more advice
              lloyds have now produced the agreement (reconstituted) terms & conditions and a statement of account. The problem is it is for the credit card agreement they sold on in November 2018 and as I have requested the agreement from the new owners of the debt and they intern have informed me they have requested the agreement from Lloyd’s Lloyd’s will actually supply them with this agreement. Hopefully I will put up the agreement and the statement of account for you good people to look over.
              The terms and conditions do seem to have paragraphs missing ie it may go from paragraph 16 missing 17 and then resumes at 18.5
              The statement of account figure is also incorrect showing a lesser sum than what is owed. No default at present as far as I am aware on this account
              thank you for any assistance given
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm a little confused, sorry, was the original debt a credit card then, rather than a loan ?

This says the agreement was terminated in 2007,

however you said
                No default on debt last payment made jan 2019 loan taken out in 2009
                and also
                who was the Jan 19 payment made to ?
                were you in a DMP or something as 2007 to 2018 is a long time for Lloyds to have hung on to it otherwise.

and
                I have been asking Lloyd’s for the original agreement since jan 2017 without any rely.
                so really need to check what the original debt is.

I THINK it's a credit card, and the loan is a separate issue?

So when did credit card default, when was last payment etc ?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst
                  thank you for your quick response
                  this debt is for a Lloyd’s credit card , was in a debt plan from 2009 to 2017 also had a loan with Lloyd’s which was in the same debt plan challenge debts in jan 2017 using s77 & s78
                  debts were bounced around several DMC’s
                  after some poor advice started to make payments again in nov 2018 this is when the credit card was sold on to Intrum I stopped paying Lloyd’s for the credit card debt when it was sold on and sent Intrum a s77 request Still paying Lloyd’s for the loan debt. Intrum informed me they would be contacting Lloyd’s for the credit card agreement and put account on hold. Jump forward to the beginning of this week and Lloyd’s sent me the reconstituted agreement with the terms and statement of account for the credit card debt that was sold on to Intrum.
                  Although the debt was sold on In November 2018 the statement of account states I owe Lloyd’s **** and needs paying by early feb 2019 lol
                  some of the terms & conditions seem to be missing as well
                  notice of assignment was late November 2018

Its obvious if Lloyd’s have sent me a genuine reconstituted agreement then they would also be able to supply Intrum one. Just hoping what I received is crap lol
                  thanks for your help

Comment

Presumably there's more pages that you haven't uploaded ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Yes think they are all terms and conditions
                      would you like me to up load them Amethest

Comment

I'd like to see the bit where you say the continuity is off, so just the original agreement pages, not the 'as varied' ones.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Amethyst
                          thats all the paperwork I received
                          not sure what you mean in your last post

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X