• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TM Legal Services Limited Claim - Need Your Recommendation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Legal Services Limited Claim - Need Your Recommendation

Hello there

i've just received communication about a County Claim for £589 requesting payment in full within
    the next 30 days. Upon ringing them to work out a payment plan to stop the motion going through
    judgement the dolt on the phone completely stonewalled and iterated I would have to pony up
    £100 to their firm to file some ancillary paperwork then pay off the balance within 6 months.

I'm just curious to see if there is a way I could stop the case getting to judgement phase
    and work out an affordable repayment plan without paying some extortionate fee for this?

Or better yet ...buy enough time to raise the funds needed to clear a portion of this debt ?

We, TM Legal Services Limited, are instructed by Asset Collections & Investigations Limited.
    We understand from our Client, that they have made several attempts to contact you in relation
    to the arrears on your account and you have either failed to respond to our
    Client or you have failed to maintain regular payments.

Our client instructed us, TM Legal Services Limited, to issue you with a Letter of Claim which
    provided you with a further 30 days to respond before the issuing of County Court proceedings.
    As you failed to respond, we have now been instructed to act on their behalf and issue
    County Court proceedings to recover the outstanding balance.

You will shortly receive a Claim Pack issued by the Courts. You are encouraged to seek
    independent legal advice.

Failure to complete and return the relevant documents enclosed in the Claim Pack within the time stated,
    or failure to pay the amount owed in full before this date, will result in a County Court Judgment being
    entered against you automatically.

Tags: None

Personally, I would wait for the court papers to arrive. Have you changed address since you took out the original loan that the claim is based on ? ( Lending Stream?)

Did you receive the prior letter before claim ? ( assuming you didn't reply to it if you did )

The £100 may be to lodge a tomlin order so that you can pay off in installments without having the CCJ, but lets have a look at their actual claim first - then you can decide whether you want to defend it, or negotiate further - you should at least make Asset / TM come up with the relevant documents to evidence their case first.

Some reading for you here for once the claim arrives. You could send the CCA request to Asset now. And the Subject Access Request to Lending Stream ( or whoever the original creditor is).

First Steps
    Check dates
    Acknowledge Claim
    CCA Request
    CPR 31.14 Request
    Subject Access Request Letter
    Example Defence

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

TM have more than a 75% of shares of Asset Collections & Investigations.

Technically they are the same people.

Do not be bullied.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        ( or whoever the original creditor is).
        thats the question.

Comment

An update:

The court papers have arrived and I haven't changed address since the loan was issued.
          (Though I did live with a friend for 3 months while unemployed )

The original creditor is Uncle Buck Finance ....

I shall acknowledge the claim as per the advice above
          and use the templates to request documentation from the creditor, TM Legal and Asset Collections

Filing a defense after 12 days would be the next step correct ?

Wow... I didn't know TM Legal owned Asset Collections.
          I really don't want to pay an extra £100 for a tomlin order though
          Last edited by Cynicalism; 19th November 2018, 00:55:AM.

Comment

Ok - the address things was only in case you didn't receive the claim in the event they issued it to an old address, so that's fine

Once you have filed the acknowledgment of service you have 28 days from the date of issue of the claim to file your defence.

Send a SAR to Uncle Buck.
            Uncle Buck Finance LLP - Data Protection Dept.
            Riverbridge House
            Anchor Boulevard
            Crossways Business Park
            Dartford
            Kent
            DA2 6SL

Send a CCA request to Asset Collections

Send a CPR 31.14 request to TM Legal.

If you type out the particulars of claim we can check what to ask for in the CPR request - likely the Agreement, Notice of Assignment and Default Notice, if mentioned in the particulars.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Ok - the address things was only in case you didn't receive the claim in the event they issued it to an old address, so that's fine

Once you have filed the acknowledgment of service you have 28 days from the date of issue of the claim to file your defence.

Send a SAR to Uncle Buck.

Send a CCA request to Asset Collections

Send a CPR 31.14 request to TM Legal.

If you type out the particulars of claim we can check what to ask for in the CPR request - likely the Agreement, Notice of Assignment and Default Notice, if mentioned in the particulars.

Thank you for the timely response...here are the particulars in the claim form as requested

The Claimant claims this amount in respect of an unpaid loan, regulated by The Consumer
              Credit Act 1974. The loan was funded by Uncle Buck Finance LLP, trading as Uncle
              Buck. The Defendant has failed to make payments in accordance with the terms of
              the credit agreement.
              The credit agreement was assigned to the Claimant, upon which a Notice Of Assignment
              was sent to the Defendant. The Defendant has either failed to respond to the Claimant
              or has failed to maintain regular payments. The Claimant issued a Letter Of Claim,
              providing the Defendant with a further opportunity to arrange
              repayment of the outstandin balance to no avail.
              The Claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8%
              a year from 30/05/2018 to 09/11/2018 on £482.14 and also interet at the same rate up the date
              of judement or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.11

I've sent the SAR AND CCA request to both firms. I think the documents I need to request from
              TM Legal are the Credit Agreement and Notice Of Assignment ? Is that correct ?

Comment

Okay I'd ask for the Credit Agreement, Notice of Assignment and Letter of Claim. They don't mention Default nor Termination so you couldn't enforce any request for those documents but I would add Default Notice to the documents you are requesting anyway, as without having issued a default notice they wouldn't be entitled to bring the claim.

So;

1: Credit Agreement
                2: Notice of Assignment
                3: Letter of Claim
                4: Default/Termination Notice.

The Claimant claims this amount in respect of an unpaid loan, regulated by The Consumer
                Credit Act 1974. The loan was funded by Uncle Buck Finance LLP, trading as Uncle
                Buck. The Defendant has failed to make payments in accordance with the terms of
                the credit agreement.
                The credit agreement was assigned to the Claimant, upon which a Notice Of Assignment
                was sent to the Defendant. The Defendant has either failed to respond to the Claimant
                or has failed to maintain regular payments. The Claimant issued a Letter Of Claim,
                providing the Defendant with a further opportunity to arrange
                repayment of the outstandin balance to no avail.
                The Claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8%
                a year from 30/05/2018 to 09/11/2018 on £482.14 and also interet at the same rate up the date
                of judement or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.11
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

i'm a little confused since the resource above says not to include a Default/Termination Notice.

Also I'm doubtful as to what date I should put with regards to the line below

To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on xx/xx/xxxx

Comment

Aye - if you went to court to enforce the cpr 31.14 request you wouldn't be able to include the default as it isn't mentioned, but it doesn't hurt to ask for it at this stage xxx

The date would be 33 days from the date of issue printed on the claim form - you can work that out https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html
                    I usually put a date a few (4/5) days earlier.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Cynicalism View Post
                      Wow... I didn't know TM Legal owned Asset Collections.
                      Asset Collections & Investigations Ltd is controlled via one company who is being controlled by one company who is controlled by another by someone called Tracy Ann Appleby MOLLART. Who remarkably by absolute coincidence is the company secretary of TM Legal Services Ltd & also the major shareholder (75%+ ie 100%) of the company that owns TM Legal Services..

Funny that..... In laymans' terms the same person controls all IE Tracy Ann Appleby MOLLART

Tracy has made an error with companies house by not cross referencing her interests in other businesses so you need to dig a bit to find this stuff out. It is supposed to be that you click Tracy Ann Appleby MOLLARTs name on Companies House & it brings up all her interests as filed at Companies House. I am sure it is a genuine mistake & purely accidental. You can report these errors to companies house that should then send Tracy a form or two to correct her oversights. Tracy is obviously a very busy person with all those companies she has an interest in.

I am not quite sure how a Judge would see it if there were any discrepancies between Asset & TM under these circumstances? Hopefully she will catch up with her Companies House obligations when she has a moment of peace & quiet & people like you do not bother her with trivial matters like Court & Law.

I would hate to speculate on Tracys' combined company assets. It is very hard to establish. However, I hope she has enough to put a roof over her head & feed herself on the £0 she has received in reported company profit I have seen so far. I have heard there are food banks available. In fact me & my other half donate £5 a week to our local bank. Maybe you & I should post a parcel to Tracy?

According to The Law Society apparently you will find her registration number of 647980 on the Solicitors Regulation Authorities website. https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solicitor-check.page . I tried & I couldnt find it. Maybe you could do better? Technology is not my thing obviously.

A clean bill of health on that one?

Does that mean Tracy is expired to act in a legal capacity? or struck off? or didnt cough up her dues? when her details & name & reg number does not appear on the Solicitors Regulation Authorities website?

Maybe they should microchip all legal experts like puppies? Kennel cough is a killer.

Its all a conundrum of a conundrum to me.

Oh by the way way no doubt Asset Collections read this site. In which case (message to Asset) see you in court.

(dont edit please & I wont delete promise)
                      Last edited by GBExile; 21st November 2018, 04:26:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GBExile View Post

Asset Collections & Investigations Ltd is controlled via one company who is being controlled by one company who is controlled by another by someone called Tracy Ann Appleby MOLLART. Who remarkably by absolute coincidence is the company secretary of TM Legal Services Ltd & also the major shareholder (75%+ ie 100%) of the company that owns TM Legal Services..

Funny that..... In laymans' terms the same person controls all IE Tracy Ann Appleby MOLLART

Tracy has made an error with companies house by not cross referencing her interests in other businesses so you need to dig a bit to find this stuff out. It is supposed to be that you click Tracy Ann Appleby MOLLARTs name on Companies House & it brings up all her interests as filed at Companies House. I am sure it is a genuine mistake & purely accidental. You can report these errors to companies house that should then send Tracy a form or two to correct her oversights. Tracy is obviously a very busy person with all those companies she has an interest in.

I am not quite sure how a Judge would see it if there were any discrepancies between Asset & TM under these circumstances? Hopefully she will catch up with her Companies House obligations when she has a moment of peace & quiet & people like you do not bother her with trivial matters like Court & Law.

I would hate to speculate on Tracys' combined company assets. It is very hard to establish. However, I hope she has enough to put a roof over her head & feed herself on the £0 she has received in reported company profit I have seen so far. I have heard there are food banks available. In fact me & my other half donate £5 a week to our local bank. Maybe you & I should post a parcel to Tracy?

According to The Law Society apparently you will find her registration number of 647980 on the Solicitors Regulation Authorities website. https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solicitor-check.page . I tried & I couldnt find it. Maybe you could do better? Technology is not my thing obviously.

Does that mean Tracy is expired to act in a legal capacity? or struck off? or didnt cough up her dues? when her details & name & reg number does not appear on the Solicitors Regulation Authorities website?

Maybe they should microchip all legal experts like puppies? Kennel cough is a killer.

Its all a conundrum of a conundrum to me.

Oh by the way way no doubt Asset Collections read this site. In which case (message to Asset) see you in court.

(dont edit please & I wont delete promise)

Wow the plot thickens.

I received a text from TM legal requesting a call to discuss my account.

I'm still waiting for the documents I requested though

Comment

Originally posted by GBExile View Post

Tracy Mollart - http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/.../tracy-mollart

Caroline Wright - http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/...e-sarah-wright

TM Legal Services Ltd - http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/...rvices-limited

It really isn't unusual for a Debt Purchaser to have interest in a Solicitors / Law Firm that they use to bring claims. Cabot / Marlin / Westcot and Mortimer Clarke for example - https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/o...c/appointments - it's pretty standard stuff.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Cynicalism View Post

I received a text from TM legal requesting a call to discuss my account.

I'm still waiting for the documents I requested though

No need to contact them.

In your next letter to them ( once you receive documents and reply to say there is stuff missing ) you should tell them you withdraw any permission to text or call you and expect them only to deal in writing from here on.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Now find them on the https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solicitor-check.page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X