• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TM Legal Services Limited Claim - Need Your Recommendation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That only gives you solicitors with a tribunal or other regulatory decision against them. Basically if they don't show up on there, it's a good thing.
    So for example ( random recent decision ) https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/sol...ion=2018-10-17
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      That only gives you solicitors with a tribunal or other regulatory decision against them. Basically if they don't show up on there, it's a good thing.
      So for example ( random recent decision ) https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/sol...ion=2018-10-17
      ummmm

I would of thought a solicitor registered on the sra when searching for available solicitors would appear especially by their reg number.

Which it doesnt.

Comment

Yeah it's daft isn't it.... it's a weirdness of how the SRA and Law Society work together ( or don't as the case may be ). To check if a Solicitor is regulated you check Law Society 'FInd a Solicitor' - if you have concerns and want to check whether a Solicitor has been naughty in the last couple of years you check on the SRA Check Solicitor Record.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Yeah it's daft isn't it.... it's a weirdness of how the SRA and Law Society work together ( or don't as the case may be ). To check if a Solicitor is regulated you check Law Society 'FInd a Solicitor' - if you have concerns and want to check whether a Solicitor has been naughty in the last couple of years you check on the SRA Check Solicitor Record.
          I reserve the right to be extremely dubious. For many a reason as disclosed.

Comment

They aren't FCA regulated if that helps - so they can't chase consumer credit debt in their own right until after it's gone to Judgment, or on behalf of Asset Collections as their 'law firm'. There is a little bit of weirdness in that TM have told some customers ( pre CCJ ) they 'own' the debt - so keep an eye on that side of things. There's a few complaints in progress with the various regulators from previous cases - one, annoyingly, was already in complaints process before the SRA decided to allow them to be an ABS - http://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/fir...er/647970.page .
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

They aren't FCA regulated if that helps
              Its all cool my end. I know what I am doing.

Just pointing out to others who should be aware that Asset Collections & TM are actually under the same ownership without disclosing. Naughty Naughty Naughty.

Comment

Originally posted by Cynicalism View Post

I received a text from TM legal requesting a call to discuss my account.

Do not engage with either company unless in writing. Do not speak to them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by GBExile View Post

Do not engage with either company unless in writing. Do not speak to them at all.
                  Customer Reference: 444444444 Outstanding Balance: £585.00
                  Dear Mr XXXXXX Thank you for your recent letter. Please be advised that we have requested your Original Credit Agreement and this can take up to 7 days for us to receive this. Once we have received this, we will send it to yourself via email. Kind Regards, TM Legal Services

I recently received this through email and no mention of the other documents
                  that I requested.
                  Last edited by Cynicalism; 28th November 2018, 18:13:PM.

Comment

Hey there, I haven't heard anything from neither the lender or TM Legal services ...

Any idea on how I should forward ?

Comment

No documents at all ? Just that email from TM Legal about asking for the credit agreement? No default notice or anything?

Did you do a SAR to the original creditor?

What date is your defence due in - 16th Dec ? You can start putting it together - here's a starting point Example Defence
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

No documents at all ? Just that email from TM Legal about asking for the credit agreement? No default notice or anything?

Did you do a SAR to the original creditor?

What date is your defence due in - 16th Dec ? You can start putting it together - here's a starting point Example Defence

Actually I just checked my email. I expected these documents to be sent by mail
                        since my request was by mail too.

Unclebuck has sent an email with a...

"Summary of Borrowing Statement"

but no credit agreement has been sent as of yet
                        in addition to this, I've also received a request to allow a third party access to my information.

The request was sent on the 2nd of December... it will be the 10th before I can
                        comply with this request.

Do you have any recommendations on the next steps to take ?

Comment

I guess I'll just launch my defense in this case then

Comment

Further to our recent correspondence, you will be aware that we are due to request that the County Court register a County Court Judgment against you.

Once registered it will be entered on your credit record at the Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines and this information will be made available to the Credit Reference Agencies. This will remain on your credit record for six years from the date it was entered. This record can make obtaining credit in the future more expensive and can seriously affect your ability to obtain a mortgage, credit card, bank account and even a mobile phone contract in the future.

Judgment is due to be requested imminently. To prevent this judgment from being requested you must pay the full balance of £585.00 as soon as possible.

Please contact our Litigation Department on 01253 531 019 to make this payment within the next 48 hours to prevent the judgment from being requested from the Courts. Once payment is received, we will contact the Court to inform them that the Claim has been paid in full.

Please note, you have incurred County Court interest, a County Court issue fee and Solicitors costs on issuing of the County Court Claim. However, in the event that we request that a County Court Judgment is issued, it will include further Solicitors costs which will increase your current balance. Please see below a breakdown of these fees: -

Solicitors Fixed Costs

Judgment Amount Solicitors Fee

£25 to £5000 £22

£5000+ £30

I just received this threat from them ? Any idea on how to proceed ? Mind you - I didn't any documents from TM legal

Comment

ahhhh good old TM Legal, yes dealt with them before, if you have received a claim and have stated you intend to defend it, and you have requested documents and they havent been provided, id be tempted to plead a defence that i am embarrassed by the Claimants failings, and that you will plead when they give you what you have asked for and are able to understand their claim
                              I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

They issued the claim back in November and you filed your defence ???

If you did - the claim is stayed at court ? or have you had directions questionnaires ?

If you didn't - get your defence in ASAP.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X