• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** Discontinued ** Woolfie v Bt Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the the defence section 11 and 12 it says

11. On the 05/08/2018 I sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd pursuant to section [77 or 78] of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

12. The Claimant has failed to comply with [s77 (1) / s 78 (1)] Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of [s77 (4) / s 78 (6)] Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

which do i refer to

thanks

Comment

also how do i sign the defence on my computer

Comment

You have a scanner? Scan your signature, use black pen on very white paper and just scan you signature. The jpg file can either be embedded into the word document or you print to a PDF from word and then use the sign function in Adobe Reader to insert you signature into the document.

Comment

Ok thanks that's fab

Comment

Hi guys just to keep you updated
            I received a letter from HM courts and tribunals service
            pic attachment below
            Attached Files

Comment

Jolly good, it's just telling you the defence has been sent over to the other side and they have 28 days to respond if they wish to proceed If you don't hear within the next month give the court a call and see if it's been put on hold. If you do hear, post up on here
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Many thanks I will do

Comment

Hi everyone

update about of CCJ Claim
                  i received a letter from Lowell Solicitor of which I have put here for your attention
                  what is my next step
                  help is much appreciated

thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Woolfie842 View Post
                    Hi everyone

update about of CCJ Claim
                    i received a letter from Lowell Solicitor of which I have put here for your attention
                    what is my next step
                    help is much appreciated

thanks
                    This is them being pushy and you should await the copy of the N180 Directions Questionnaire, then respond in the time scale of the court. In my signature there's a guide to filling it in for when it comes.
                    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thanks I will definitely wait for the one from the court

so Lowell solicitor is trying to push it forward
                      even tho they have not sent me any documents I have asked for.

how do you think this will end
                      any ideas.

thanks again

Comment

Have you had anything off of BT btw ? ( did you send a subject access request ?) And having a read back I can't see, do you have any idea what the debt is ?
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Woolfie842 View Post
                          Thanks I will definitely wait for the one from the court

so Lowell solicitor is trying to push it forward
                          even tho they have not sent me any documents I have asked for.

how do you think this will end
                          any ideas.

thanks again
                          It's just standard behaviour from them because people get scared the closer court dates come. These are official looking documents and that can be daunting to some, it's all a game to get you to cough up.
                          COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

I did send letter to BT and they said this department cannot deal with your request but they have sent to the department that is better suited and should receive a reply within 28 days
                            but not had anything as yet.
                            this debt I believe is for but broadband at an old address of which is at least over 4 or 5 years old but Lowell said on letter they had the debt from last September 2017
                            that date is way out even on noddles the date is wrong

Comment

Okay they have a little while yet to get the SAR to you. That might shed some more light.

Whats the default date showing as on Noddle ?
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I will check now to make sure

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X