• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court claim

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 31-05-2018
    Amount approx: 950.36
    Claimant: Asset Collections & investigations Ltd
    Solicitor: N/a
    Original Credit: Lending stream

Particulars of Claim:

Stat Barred? No

Hi all,

Need some help please, I have just received a County Court claim for a Lending Stream debt, I believe they are supposed to send me a letter before claim which I have never received even though they said they sent me one at the end of April, what can I do now please?

Thank you.
    Tags: None

Acknowledge Claim, CPR 31.14 Request and CCA Request.

Send a Subject Access Request Letter to Lending stream requesting copies of the signed credit agreement, notice of default, notice of assignment to Asset Collections & investigations Ltd, full history of account and any other information they hold of you.

Edit your original post and type out the particulars of claim if you need help with the 31.14.

Defence deadline: 4pm Tuesday 3rd July 2018
    Last edited by jaguarsuk; 7th June 2018, 10:02:AM. Reason: Defence deadline added
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Hi JAGUARSUK,

I'm not sure what all of that means, where do I start please?

Comment

Originally posted by deano79 View Post
        Hi JAGUARSUK,

I'm not sure what all of that means, where do I start please?
        Click the links in post #2 as those are guides to what each is and have templates for you to amend to your own situation.
        COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Have you put in an affordability complaint to the financial services ombudsman?

Comment

Originally posted by GBExile View Post
            Have you put in an affordability complaint to the financial services ombudsman?
            Hi GBExile,

No I haven't, how do I do that and is it not too late as the claim has already been put in by the claimant?

Comment

Originally posted by deano79 View Post

Hi GBExile,

No I haven't, how do I do that and is it not too late as the claim has already been put in by the claimant?
              No its not too late. Follow this link. https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussio...ds-due-2691492

It says Wonga in the title but it applies to any payday lender.

People are getting refunds of interest & charges even when they are fully paid up.

This is independent of the court process so you MUST follow the previous advice suggested by JAGUARSUK & fully comply with the court instructions.

However, if you start a complaint now with Lending Stream (plus all the other payday lenders if there are anymore) by asking for them to supply full details then when they have supplied them put in a complaint about affordability, wait for their final response & then refer to the Ombudsman you may find the debt reduces or you may even be in a surplus position.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X