• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice Of Proposed Allocation To The Small Claims Track Query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice Of Proposed Allocation To The Small Claims Track Query

Hi,

I have recently had a ccj registered against me from Hoist Finance, I acknowledged the service, but failed to file a defence in time due to a sudden family bereavement and my head being a mess trying to file a defence

I applied for a set aside judgment 2 weeks after the ccj was awarded in default and a telephone hearing was made, the set aside was ruled in my favour after filing a defence and the subsequent telephone hearing

I have since received from the court Notice Of Proposed Allocation To The Small Claims Track, for which I will post a summarised / redacted copy with identifiable information removed

Important Notice

If you do not comply with this notice the court will make such order as appears to be appropriate. This could include striking out the claim or entering judgement

TAKE NOTICE THAT

1. This is now a defended claim.
    A copy of the defence has already been sent to you by the defendant

2. It appears that this case is suitable for allocation to the small claims track.

3. You must by xxxx complete the Small Claims Directions Questionnaire (Form N180) and file it with the court office xxxxxxx and serve copies on all other parties

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The judgement against xxxx dated xxxx be and is hereby set aside

2. The defendant's application notice dated xxxx shall stand as the defence

3. The claimant shall serve any reply to the defence by xxxx on the xxxx and in any event shall by xxxx on the xxxxx send to the defendant copies of the Consumer Credit Agreement, the Deed of Assignment and the Default Notice

4. The defendant shall pay the Claimant's costs of the application summarily assessed in the sum of xxxx to be paid by xxxx on the xxxxx.

My questions are as follows

1. As the defendant do I fill out and print form N180 and post a copy to the court office, a copy to Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors, a copy to Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Ltd ?

2. Does the above have to be sent recorded / signed delivery for the purpose of serving copies to all parties

Where it says The defendant shall pay the Claimant's costs of the application summarily assessed in the sum of xxxx to be paid by xxxx on the xxxxx

3. Do I pay this to the Claimant which is listed as Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Ltd or do I pay this to the court or to the solicitor acting on behalf of the claimant which is Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors ?

In regards to paying the Claimant's costs of the application

4. Is there any detriment to the case not paying in time ?

I'm on a low income and costs are around £500, unless I can get a loan from family I estimate I'll need an extra 2 weeks after the due date / time to get the required costs together unless I can get a loan from a family member

5. If non payment in time may be detrimental, can I apply to the court for more time to pay ? If so how do I go about doing this ? eg Can I write to the court and send next day guaranteed delivery via post asking for more time to pay

In regards to serving copies on other parties of form N180

6. Do I wait until I see if the relevant documents turn up (Consumer Credit Agreement, the Deed of Assignment and the Default Notice) before agreeing or disagreeing to mediation ?

It's my understanding I'll have time to still serve form N180 on all parties and the court as I have 5 additional days for serving after the claimant's deadline in reply to the defence

It's mainly paying the claimant's costs that's getting me worried with being on low income, and trying not to jeopardise how far I've got so far

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated, with Kind Regards
    Tags: None

Answers to your questions:

1. Yes, there is a link below in my signature to guide you on how to fill it in.

2. No, first class and get a proof of postage receipt.

3. If an order has been made that you pay costs you pay them to the claimant, write to them to ask how they'd like to be paid and where?

4. In writing to them and ask if they will accept you paying in a payment plan? Explain why?

5. You would have to make an application to vary the order, the cost would be £54 I believe, but check with the court and use form N245 to apply.

6. No you agree to mediation now and they will ask you if you have all the relevant documents prior to mediation, if you do not then mediation will not go ahead and a hearing date will be set.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X