• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier parking solutions/BW Legal claim form received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier parking solutions/BW Legal claim form received

I have today (7/10/21) received a County Court Claim form (issued 4/10/21).
    It is on behalf of Premier Parking Solutions. They issued me with an PCN for a car park in Devon. I paid for the carpark, did not over stay, and still have the ticket as proof of payment. I queried it and supplied the proof and they said that I had not entered my reg number.

It went to IAS for appeal who found against me. This is from the reply “Parking on this site is only for authorised users. These conditions are clearly displayed on the signage on site. As this vehicle was not authorised to park at this site due to no payment having been made to authorise its stay, we uphold the decision to issue the parking charge notice. Please see the enclosed photographs of the signage, this shows all of the terms and conditions including the fact that a valid ticket must be displayed at all times. I would draw your attention to paragraphs 1 and 10 in particular along with the payment instructions on the pay and display machines. If the vehicle registration on the displayed pay and display ticket does not correspond with the vehicle registration it is displayed in then it is not a valid ticket.”

My argument has been that I did input my reg number, I paid for my stay, and a ticket was issued. No where does the signage say that the reg number will be printed on the ticket. I believe it should not have issued a ticket without a complete reg.
    In the appeal they produced a white list export to prove the machine working, all other regs were redacted due to GDPR, mine just shows the first digit of my reg. Clearly it did not take the whole of the reg when I inputted it but did take payment and issued a ticket. We have the same type of machine at our local car park and it will not take money/issue a ticket if only a partial reg is entered so I believe the machine was faulty.

As you can tell, I strongly believe that I should not have to pay the fine as I did pay for a ticket, it was clearly displayed and I did not over stay.

Any advice on what is my best way to complete the claims form with relevant information to have a chance of winning this?
    Tags: None

Signage/evidence...
    Attached Files

Comment

ostell I have seen you advise on similar, could you help at all please?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X