• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Air Asia in the UK?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks!

Comment

One more question - can I also make Blick Rothenberg a co-defendant as they are allowing Air BNB to use their business address?

Comment

You can't sue every Tom, Dick and Harry just because they are listed as authorised to receive correspondence or be used as a business address, that would be ridiculous. You need to have a valid legal claim against someone to be able to add them as a defendant so if your contractual relationship is with Air BNB then you sue Air BNB. You wouldn't sue Air BNB's lawyers simply because they are representing Air BNB, that would be absurd.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I do understand that R0b . In this case they arranged with Airasia to pay the judgment and acted as brokers, They now want nothing to do with it after a settlement agreement was signed and Airasia have ever since not made payment. Blick Rothenberg are point blank refusing to connect me with their contacts at Airasia.

Comment

I would only repeat what I said in my last post, you can't sue someone who is not party to a contract or you do not have a valid legal claim against them. If Blick Rothenberg choose not to act any further you cannot force them to comply.

You can make an application to the court to get them to hand over information of those contacts at Airasia but it will be at your cost and expense which is not normally recoverable. Even if you do obtain those contacts, is that really going to achieve anything because those contacts can simply ignore you again and then you've wasted time and money on an application against Blick Rothernberg.

You need to be smart about this and go to the root of the problem. If Airasia have refused to pay up then you should be going back to court to obtain judgment in breach of the settlement agreement (and post-judgment interest if possible but not guaranteed). Once you obtain that judgment assuming they have not paid you by then, work out whether they have flights operating in the UK and if so, consider instructing High Court bailiffs (the value has to be £600 if I recall) to look at seizing a plane and they will most certainly pay up then.
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you R0b I appreciate your help.

Comment

Quick question - Air Asia are using the registered address of an accounting firm in London. Blick Rothenberg. Details in the attached.

If I have a judgment against Air Asia (this specific legal entity) at this address (Blick Rothenberg have already acknowledged to the court that Air Asia use their address), then would/how would enforcement work?

Attached Files

Comment

Quick Answer - Without going back over this and other threads, didn't we establish long ago that this company has no assets at this accountant's address? So how would enforcement work? Answer: it would not.

EDIT - R0b has given excellent advice further up this page..
                  Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

But if they have it as their registered address on Companies House, as per the attached, then is the whole office space not subject to enforcement?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Blick have stated that "we allow Air Asia Europe to use our address as their registered UK address"

Comment

Would this be considered an Airasia flight? Looks like a codeshare flight. As you can see, I selected 'Airasia flights' only.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderme View Post
                          But if they have it as their registered address on Companies House, as per the attached, then is the whole office space not subject to enforcement?
                          What is it about this company not owning assets at the premises of the accountants who provide a registered office address that you do not understand?
                          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I can't get my head around the idea that a company can use a business address in the UK to run their affairs, get the perks of such etc, yet said address and the business allowing this can not be held responsible if they are found to be acting illegally.

Comment

Would this be considered an Airasia flight? Looks like a codeshare flight. As you can see, I selected 'Airasia flights' only.
                              If I could read the image I would be able to comment on it. The real question is whether the flight is on an aircraft belonging to your judgement debtor. If the code share is with, say, BA, using a BA plane, then you are not going to be ale to enforce your judgement against BA's property. Same principle if the code share is with another carrier.

Comment

I can't get my head around the idea that a company can use a business address in the UK to run their affairs, get the perks of such etc, yet said address and the business allowing this can not be held responsible if they are found to be acting illegally.
                                Well try harder. It has been explained often enough.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X