• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Air Asia in the UK?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Asia in the UK?

Trying to figure out from Companies House whether Air Asia has an actual operating company in the UK, with assets, etc.

They've got two entries on Companies House:

AIRASIA X SDN. BHD.

UK establishment number BR010298

and overseas company:

AIRASIA X SDN. BHD.

Company number FC028758

Could someone who knows how to decipher companies house records have a look?

Tags: None

What do the experts think?

Comment

Well I'm no expert, but had a look around and doubt they have any assets in the UK.

It looks as if they started off i a private house in leafy suburbia, but are now in Oxford Street, but a fully serviced office which means they own nought but rent the lot!

Comment

Why the office if they don't do anything? Civil aviation rules? Tax reasons?

Comment

Overseas companies register with companies house when they have some physical presence in UK

Air Asia have a representative's office to act as a contact point for service providers and regulators etc. The representatives enter into limited transactions on behalf of the company. There are also financial & insurance arrangements made in the London markets.

Comment

Further to the above - Airasia now have an Airasia Europe company, based in the UK. See attached. But the attached does not state the company is dormant, unlike the Airasia Limited company being listed as such. Interestingly though, Airasia Europe's accounts filed, the most recent May this year - state that they are dormant accounts? See second attachment.

Does this mean there is no point taking Airasia Europe to court? Or are they not actually dormant in any meaningful way? The accounts state they have 100 shares valued at £100 each, I think...See third attachment.

They also have several officers, including the company CEO based in Malaysia. See 4th attachment. Can I take these people on instead?
            Attached Files

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

still no assets, so while you may be able to sue them is it worthwhile?

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                  still no assets, so while you may be able to sue them is it worthwhile?
                  What about taking on their CEO? Mr fernandes

Comment

Forget that. You have described a claim against the company, not any of its officers.
                    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

atticus but if the company tries to claim to be dormant, etc, can I hold the officers to account? a threat to have a man in Malaysia visit the UK might work.

Comment

Earlier in this thread your complaint was about a lack of UK presence.

Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

But that changed in the last year

Comment

Could I compel the CEO to attend court in the UK?

Comment

How likely is it that this person is able give evidence that is relevant to your case, whatever your case actually is? Did he have personal dealings with you?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X