• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Taking Virgin Trains on after they lose the West Coast franchise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Virgin Trains on after they lose the West Coast franchise

Just a quick question, but an interesting one.

I am probably going to have to take Virgin Trains to Court because of their point blank refusal to refund a refundable ticket. It's a long story.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...renitalia.html

What I cannot for the life of me figure out is whether I can still take on Virgin Trains after they hand over to this new company Treinitalia beginning of December?

Their current T & C state that "VIRGIN TRAINS" means VIRGIN TRAINS of The Battleship Building, 179 Harrow Road, London, W2 6NB, registered in England and Wales with company number 3007940.

But this company number brings back the following listing:
    Name & Registered Office:
    WEST COAST TRAINS LIMITED
    THE BATTLESHIP BUILDING
    179 HARROW ROAD
    LONDON
    W2 6NB
    Company No. 03007940
    Date of Incorporation: 10/01/1995

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
    Company Type: Private Limited Company
    Nature of Business (SIC):
    49100 - Passenger rail transport, interurban
    Accounting Reference Date: 31/03
    Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/03/2018 (FULL)
    Next Accounts Due: 31/12/2019
    Last Confirmation Statement Date: 01/05/2019
    Next Confirmation Statement Due: 15/05/2020
    Mortgage: Number of charges: 4 ( 2 outstanding / 2 satisfied / 0 part satisfied )
    Last Members List: 01/05/2016

So who did I buy my ticket with last January? And who do I take on in Small Claims, and will I still be able to come next year? Will I be taking on Treinitalia as having taken over the running of this part of the Rail network from Virgin?

confused.com
    Tags: None

It would appear that West Coast Trains Limited is the correct entity and they are using Virgin Trains as their trading name. Presumably the company was set up when the contract was won by Virgin.

Also see their privacy policy confirming this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191112-080730_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1497042
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Okay. So I guess that even when the franchise goes elsewhere, I would hold West Coast trains responsible for the previous issue?

Comment

In as far as the WCTL entity remains an active company and isn't dissolved, yes because your contract at the time would have been with them. From my understanding in the news, Virgin will be continuing to deal with complaints after their contract is up on 8 December this year, though wouldn't rely on gossip or verbal promises.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I think as you claim the ticket is refundable it might be pertinent to explain why you think it is?
          What type of ticket it is?
          The date on the ticket?
          The date you asked for a refund?
          Why they are refusing?
          COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X