• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Solicitors - Notice of pending legal action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Solicitors - Notice of pending legal action

Hello, I have just discovered this forum while Google searching as I have received today (07/06/19) a "Notice of Pending Legal Action" letter from Lowell Solicitors.

This is regarding two debts from landline and mobile phone accounts that I had in 2013 and 2014 respectively (from two separate companies).
    The combined amounts equate to £483.37.

There is an information sheet, reply form and income expenditure form enclosed with the letter.
    I have 30 days to respond before County Court proceedings are issued.

I am currently on ESA and not working due to long term disability (I also have currently initiated a tribunal hearing for PIP) and therefore am on a ridiculously low income.
    I live in privately rented accommodation with my partner (who is also on ESA) and my Stepdaughter (who is 11 and is in receipt of DLA for various disorders).
    I have no assets (car, savings etc).

The letter was issues 04/06/19 so is technically already 3 days late (into the 30 days).

If anyone could advise me what I should do next, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Tags: None

Edit* should be 2013 and 2014 respectively.

Comment

As these are coming up on six Years it is quite likely that they will follow through with their court threat. I would use the letter of claim reply form to obtain copies of documents and statements to check that they have the right to make the claim and that they are claiming a legitimate amount. With your circumstances it seems like they/you will be looking at an instalment offer possibly for a reduced amount so I would indicate on the form that once you have the documentation you will be happy to come to some arrangement taking into account your limited income and personal circumstances ( Which may actually put you in their vulnerability category - Remember unless you tell them they don't know your circumstances.)

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Amethyst. This is pretty much what I was thinking (having visited numerous sites and spend the entire afternoon reading about the subject).
        I will definitely tick C "I don know whether I owe the debt" on the form and request all documents and statements (including initial contracts).
        Hopefully this should buy me some time so that I can go and consult with the CAB on the matter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X