• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

intrest on a judgement order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intrest on a judgement order

have a judgement order and need to work intrest out but also confused to which amount to go off because I obtain a high court writ by the sheriffs office and they where unsucessfull off obtaining
    anything please help because really confused about the amounts and need to know which one do I got off please help
    Tags: None

I think it would be better to start at the beginning and tell us the whole story please.

Comment

Interest would be calculated from the judgment date on the judgment debt - then add on any warrant /enforcement fees. But as Ploddertom says, if you want to give us some more info we'll be able to guide you a bit better xxx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

have judgement order on a person and need intrest at 0.08.5 % to be worked out on it and the I obtained a high court writ a writ off control through the sheriffs office the oringal court order was £9,010.00 and then because I got a writ of control by the sheriffs offices it went to £9,538.83 but the in cost off fee stages with sheriffs of was £12,739.08 but then they had no luck off payment or control with the defendant so then I ordered him to be questioned at court on his income and that and by the courts it was £9,538.83 now have to work intrest out at 0.08.5% and struggling with it date off judgment oreder was 28th sept 2016 for the £9,010.00 and then by the sheriffs office on the 20/04/2017 which was£9,538.83 im applying for attachment off earnigs and benefits and I have now to work out the intrest and which amounts do I go off to as well so confusing need help with the intrest and which figure do I go off to as well and I have to explain this to court as well please help

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Interest would be calculated from the judgment date on the judgment debt - then add on any warrant /enforcement fees. But as Ploddertom says, if you want to give us some more info we'll be able to guide you a bit better xxx
          already have given more info

Comment

needs figures on intrest and daily intrest to as well to check if I have or has been worked out right to as well so confusing

Comment

already have given more info

Comment

have been every where on this matter and no solicitors will help in my town tried seeking advice right the start off all this

Comment

I make it to be £1-97 per day.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                    I make it to be £1-97 per day.
                    and the toatal figure to on intrest as well please can you state which amount you went off plz ty

Comment

The interest would be worked out on the judgment debt figure ( so the £9010) from the date of judgment to now then continuing at x per day - where did the interest rate come from ? Statutory interest is normally 8% per year which would be £1.97 a day ( which agrees with the figure ploddertom has reached )

judgment was 28th sept 2016 so that's 903 days x £1.97 = 1778.91 to date

then add 1.97 a day going forward

and add back in the warrant / enforcement costs on top to get the total amount ( but the interest will stay at £1.97 a day )

Where did the interest rate you have stated ( 0.08.5%) come from ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The interest would be worked out on the judgment debt figure ( so the £9010) from the date of judgment to now then continuing at x per day - where did the interest rate come from ? Statutory interest is normally 8% per year which would be £1.97 a day ( which agrees with the figure ploddertom has reached )

judgment was 28th sept 2016 so that's 903 days x £1.97 = 1778.91 to date

then add 1.97 a day going forward

and add back in the warrant / enforcement costs on top to get the total amount ( but the interest will stay at £1.97 a day )

Where did the interest rate you have stated ( 0.08.5%) come from ?
                        the rate I can charge intrest is ether 0,08% 0r 0.08.5% and that came from ccmcc when I rang up today to ask if I needed a too apply for a certificate of intrest that's what they said to me on the phone about the inntrest thank you

Comment

Originally posted by nikki2019 View Post

the rate I can charge intrest is ether 0,08% 0r 0.08.5% and that came from ccmcc when I rang up today to ask if I needed a too apply for a certificate of intrest that's what they said to me on the phone about the inntrest thank you
                          asorry so also what happens with the sheriffs office fees that have been put on top to as well which with the orginal judgment of 9,010.00 with the sheriffs fees on top it went to £9,538.83 so do I add this on top as well the £538.83 to as well

Comment

Originally posted by nikki2019 View Post

asorry so also what happens with the sheriffs office fees that have been put on top to as well which with the orginal judgment of 9,010.00 with the sheriffs fees on top it went to £9,538.83 so do I add this on top as well the £538.83 to as well
                            sorry aslo whats the number at 0.08.5% for it please thankyou

Comment

also can you tell me if a judgement has already tried to be enforced can I re enforce it or not please cause haven't got a clue about this to as well please

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X