• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Do I get court fee's back?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I get court fee's back?

First time I have done this and I am abit confused about what happens with fees.

I've paid for the judgement, warrant, questioning to court and now looking to pay for a third party debt order. Does the debtor have to pay the fees? and if so who is keeping track of the fees I have paid?

I notice a lot of forms have the following:

"The judgment or order required the judgment debtor to pay £_____ (including any
    costs and interest). The amount now due is £_____ [which includes further
    interest]."

Is the second blank where you add up the fees you have paid?
    Tags: None

Firstly what is your understanding of a third party debt order? As in what do you think you will achieve by getting it?
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
      Firstly what is your understanding of a third party debt order? As in what do you think you will achieve by getting it?
      My understand is that it freezes their bank account, which would maybe make them more willing to pay.

I am most probably wrong, however I am unsure what to do if nothing comes from the questioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Enaver View Post

My understand is that it freezes their bank account, which would maybe make them more willing to pay.

I am most probably wrong, however I am unsure what to do if nothing comes from the questioning.
        Yes it does and other financial assets, I just wanted to check as often people believe it to be a way to get a third party (employer or tenant) to pay money owed to the defendant for the judgement instead of the defendant.

Fees of any enforcement option are added to judgement, but you need to consider realistically if they will actually pay as you may just be throwing good money after bad.

If a Warrant of Control hasn't got them to pay up then chances are there isn't much to freeze in the bank. If they own property with equity in it then a Charging Order wouldn't settle the debt now, but could at some point.

Have you applied for them to be questioned? If you have then I assume they have made an offer of repayment and if after questioning the court agrees that it's proper then you wouldn't be able to continue enforcement via another method unless they default on the court ordered instalment plan.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed reply.

I sent off my form for them to be questioned at the beginning of this week, now I guess I will have to wait a few more months and see how that goes. They have gone completely cold on me and haven't given any offers to pay. I am hoping somehow questioning might help that.

I was thinking of using a TPO on their bank as I managed to get their sort code, account number and bank yesterday. However it seems that may not be the best course.

Comment

Originally posted by Enaver View Post
            Thanks for the detailed reply.

I sent off my form for them to be questioned at the beginning of this week, now I guess I will have to wait a few more months and see how that goes. They have gone completely cold on me and haven't given any offers to pay. I am hoping somehow questioning might help that.

I was thinking of using a TPO on their bank as I managed to get their sort code, account number and bank yesterday. However it seems that may not be the best course.
            Have you actually had a Warrant of Control for the judgement? How much is it for? Is it against an individual or company?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X