• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell reply to defence on cut off day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell reply to defence on cut off day

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been answered, had a good look and can't see it if so.

I'm currently defending a claim on the basis of it being statute barred. The claimant, Lowell was ordered on 20/4 to provide their reply by today, 1/5. I received an email today, timestamped 15:59 from a team acting on Powell's behalf with their reply attached. What I'd like to know is whether the court will deem this too late or not? I have no idea whether they've sent it by post or electronically (although the order only gives a postal address for the court). Does anyone have any knowledge on this? Would be most grateful! Thanks
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome

If the order is silent on time it can be served on the defendant electronically up until 4.30pm on that business day (CPR 6.26)

Any electronic transmission must be completed by the deadline, but receipt does not have to be proved. This is governed by PD 6A,(4.1) which includes a requirement that the party being served must have previously indicated in writing their agreement to this.method of serving.

Comment

The court accepts electronic service, so it will be deemed they have complied. Even if they served late the court would probably accept it in reality.
      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by mutinycam View Post
        I'm currently defending a claim on the basis of it being statute barred. The claimant, Lowell was ordered on 20/4 to provide their reply by today, 1/5. I received an email today, timestamped 15:59 from a team acting on Powell's behalf with their reply attached. What I'd like to know is whether the court will deem this too late or not? I have no idea whether they've sent it by post or electronically (although the order only gives a postal address for the court).
        It seems they made the deadline.

It would help if you could put this question in context. What was the "reply" which Lowells were ordered to serve on you? And did the Order say that they should also file it at court or just serve it on you?

What stage have these proceedings reached?

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X