• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Caught Stealing from Work, Letter from CRS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Caught Stealing from Work, Letter from CRS

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
    If the promotional items are giveaways, CRS are skating on thin ice.
    Agreed, although technically an offence, a judge is unlikely to view such prosecution favourably. I note that despite the supposedly large sum involved, the employer seems strangely reluctant to involve the police.

On the downside, what puts the OP in a an awkward position is that he successfully sold the items. It is also extremely likely that he will have driven a coach and horses through his contract of employment.

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
      It is also extremely likely that he will have driven a coach and horses through his contract of employment.
      He no longer works for them

Comment

TBH, Enquirer, my gut-feeling is a judge would throw his or her copy of Stone's at the police and CPS or Game and CRS for wasting his or her time and the court's time. Believe me, Stone's is a hefty epitome and could cause you some injury if it hits you in the wrong place.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies - I thought this one would spark some debate.

The items in question were left at the back door in a big cardboard box, most of the items were taken just before our annual stock take and our manager (who I am still very much in contact with and has done nothing wrong and has been very supportive) was having a clearout and anything such as this - preorder bonuses, promotional items etc were simply to be binned - at the end of my shift he allowed me to take up to 2 of each item in the box; Like a naughty boy I took a few more (5 or so of one particular item) and went on my merry way to eBay.

Items in question were things such as:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Persona-4-...item4ac5000444

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fire-Emble...item1c343d6fc6

And other things like T-Shirts that were sent in to promote games over its weekend of release etc.

And as said before, I left the company after my interview when I was told I was suspended as I felt I had no other choice - I was recently told that my resignation had been rejected by the loss prevention guy that interviewed me, but by that point my 14 day notice period had ended and no-one had contacted me to say otherwise. Sounds like they literally do what they want and bully their way through procedures like this whilst leaving their victims in the dark!

Hope this helps

Comment

From what you've said, Game and CRS may well have gotten themselves into some bother if they attempt to pursue or push this any further. What the manager said to you is very telling.

Comment

I genuinely cant believe they are trying it on - i've lost my job (and believe me, my workmates are gutted and we are all still close friends), have a family to TRY and support and now this on top of looking for a job which is stressing me out.

And now they want to persue me for things that have no monetary value to them.

Petty jobsworth if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by beagleman View Post
                And as said before, I left the company after my interview when I was told I was suspended as I felt I had no other choice - I was recently told that my resignation had been rejected by the loss prevention guy that interviewed me,
                Oh, he did, did he?

For whom does he work - the "loss prevention" parasites or your spiv former employers? If your resignation had been rejected by someone authorised to do that, oughtn't you still be paid until/unless you are/were dismissed?

Comment

It was apparently by Game's Loss Prevention guy - I am just going on what others have said though, and apparently he hadn't the power to do that anyhow, and his decision was overturned - I am just going on what other people have told me when it comes to this - its a big mess!

Comment

Originally posted by beagleman View Post
                    It was apparently by Game's Loss Prevention guy - I am just going on what others have said though, and apparently he hadn't the power to do that anyhow, and his decision was overturned - I am just going on what other people have told me when it comes to this - its a big mess!
                    It sounds to me that this Loss Prevention herbert has been somewhat economical with the truth and this may well impact on Game's and CRS's claim significantly. If a court got even a whiff that the claim was fraudulent, without merit, malicious or vindictive, both Game and CRS could be in serious trouble. And I'm not talking a rap across the knuckles.

Comment

I genuinely feel quite hard done by - no warnings, no nothing - just turns up on my shift with my eBay feedback and suspends me, with every intention to sack me. Now that its all over - my manager even told me that as soon as he walked in he said 'he's gone' as in to imply im sacked, and that he was gutted he couldnt have 'gotten me' on more stuff!

I really dont know whether to use this in my defence as the last thing I want is to drag my former manager into this as I say, has been very supportive.

Comment

You shouldn't need to use that in your defence - and you could only do so if the manager gave a witness statement and/or was called by you as a witness.

The grossly and egregiously inflated nature of their claim should be more than enough to make the claim disappear when adequately defended and their alleged losses subjected to strict proof.

Comment

May be a bit cheeky - can anyone help me with a reply to this letter? Should I reply?

Comment

Just an off the wall thought here. Could they actually prove the items sold on ebay came from your branch

Comment

Hi

A very interesting thread, I have had some experience with RLP. I am a little confused by the continual references to the theft act and CPS, have these cases been brought in the criminal court, I was under the impression that they were usually a small claims track civil mater ?

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
                                Just an off the wall thought here. Could they actually prove the items sold on ebay came from your branch
                                Sadly I already admitted it - I thought maybe the honest approach may have gotten me just a warning or similar.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X