• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dreaded by the letter from retail loss prevention (RLP) HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dreaded by the letter from retail loss prevention (RLP) HELP

If the security goon had referred to you by your ethnic origin, the best way to respond is to refuse to speak English other than to demand diplomatic access. Even then, it should be short, curt and clear: "Pakistani ambassador, here, now!"

Other than that, respond to everything else in one's native tongue or in a made-up language, as the purpose of this exercise is to use their own racism against them.

Comment

hello All

I am back again. Got the second letter from RLP. haven't opened it yet as I know what it would be like.
      I am not paying them just wanted to ask a suggestion, I live in a rented flat and I m tempted to send the letter back to the sender, atleast that would stop them from sending a letter to me ( i hope so) the face of teh letter says 'if undelivered please return to bla di bla di bla''

I just don't want to read their name any more on any correspondence. Please suggest

Comment

Just file it away.

Comment

Sending it back to the sender would only go against you if it ever went to court. Just put it in the bin but please read it first, just incase it contains anything that can be used against them such as stating "Will take you to court" instead off "May take you to court".
          Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by teaboy2 View Post
            Sending it back to the sender would only go against you if it ever went to court. Just put it in the bin but please read it first, just incase it contains anything that can be used against them such as stating "Will take you to court" instead off "May take you to court".
            Hi Teaboy

May I ask you, how (in legal terms) would you use that against someone?
            I ask because a friend had a similar communication (though not RLP).
            Only one letter so far, but definitely states 'will'.

Apologies for hijacking the thread, btw!
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
              Hi Teaboy

May I ask you, how (in legal terms) would you use that against someone?
              I ask because a friend had a similar communication (though not RLP).
              Only one letter so far, but definitely states 'will'.

Apologies for hijacking the thread, btw!

well if they say "Will" then 6 months later (as an example) to have still not taken you to court would likely be frown upon by the judge. Not only that, but it would be deemed misleading and would be a breach of OFT guidelines, not to mention being undue pressure on the debtor, when stating they will take an action that they have no intention of carrying out.

So effectively it can be used to make them look bad and as evidence in a complaint to the OFT or a complaint over their harassment if they have been harassing the debtor or alleged criminal. It would also be extra useful in cases of prospective invoicing like in this case, especially when you consider the thrashing ACAS Law were given for issuing similar invoices demanding payment when a persons guilt had not be established, or they had not been convicted as guilty by a court etc.
              Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

hello all
                hope all are doing ok

i have received teh third letter from rlp that says thsi is there last attempt t resort teh issue, they wud refer to their client and update that i have not responded to any letter regarding teh matter. also i stil have an option to negotiate teh issue by calling bla bla bla number,

what m i doing next, suggestions please.

thanks

Comment

Ignore them. They will crawl back under their stone

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
                    Ignore them.
                    Rather than refer them to Arkell v. Pressdram? (link)

Originally posted by ODC
                    They will crawl back under their stone
                    Worms cannot crawl. Did you mean slither?

Comment

Arkell v Lord Gnome would be wasted on these shysters. I don't see any point in getting involved in pointless letter tennis with this wunch of bankers

Comment

Throwing Section 2, Protection from Harassment Act 1997 at them and their client might have the effect of deterring them from further correspondence, as the onus would be on them and their client to produce evidence to prove they were acting lawfully. RLP are well-known for non-compliance with CPRs and fishing for any evidence a victim could use against them and their client. What do other LBs think?
                        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                          Hi Depressed

Welcome to Legal Beagles :beagle:

No one here will judge you for your actions, it is clear you are punishing yourself far more than any court ever would.

This is now not a criminal issue as far as I can tell from your post. The police seem to have taken no formal action against you.

The issue between RLP and you now is a Civil matter, meaning they would have to take you to County Court to sue you for payment. This costs them money. So they like to harass and intimidate through letters...........

Please read around in the RLP forum, you will get the picture.

Make sure you read this thread:

What should you do if you are contacted by a civil recovery firm ? - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

and

Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Also:

BBC News - High Street shops take justice into their own hands

Civil recovery schemes: for or against? | Law | guardian.co.uk

Very strange that Citizens Advice Bureau advised you to pay..........*sigh*
                          I am a CAB volunteer, ex Trade Union FTO. I too find it strange, my experience of the CAB is that the advice offered is from Advicenet, our main reference source. Consequently any advice offered will be referenced there.

I am very sympathetic to the plight of vulnerable members of Society but I am always wary of uncorroborated allegations!

Jonty:beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by Jonty45 View Post
                            I am a CAB volunteer, ex Trade Union FTO. I too find it strange, my experience of the CAB is that the advice offered is from Advicenet, our main reference source. Consequently any advice offered will be referenced there.

I am very sympathetic to the plight of vulnerable members of Society but I am always wary of uncorroborated allegations!

Jonty:beagle:
                            Me too, Jonty!

Comment

HI

I think it sholuld be clarified, whatever the OP does regarding the claim from RLP it will not influence any record that is kept by the CRB.

This will remain, in whatever form, whatever the action he decies to take regarding the civil action.

Peter
                              Last edited by Mr.Peterbard; 16th March 2012, 20:55:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Peterbard View Post
                                HI

I think it sholuld be clarified, whatever the OP does regarding the claim from RLP it will not influence any record that is kept by the CRB.

This will remain, in whatever form, whatever the action he decies to take regarding the civil action.

Peter
                                Peter,

You appear to be confusing CRB (Criminal Records Bureau), which is a screening body, with CRO (Criminal Records Office), which is where ALL criminal records are kept. CRB has access to CRO for screening purposes, but does not actually hold any criminal records. That is what CRO does. CRB is in Northern England. CRO is at New Scotland Yard, in London's Victoria district.

Most offences under English Law are subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act which means that, after pre-determined periods of time, convictions are struck from the records as they are regarded as "Spent". This means, with a few exceptions, the slate is wiped clean and the person to whom they relate cannot be compelled to disclose them and the offences cannot be disclosed or held against them.

BB

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X