• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Not sure what to do next damaged package ( parcelforce )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not sure what to do next damaged package ( parcelforce )

Well done! Let's hope he sees the light and offers a settlement. Maybe he'll agree to mediation when he gets his N180. I hope lots of people are reading this thread and learn their lesson: if you are going to send an item, scrimping on packaging for the sake of saving a few quid doesn't pay in the long run! If he'd paid for a sturdy box to house the item he wouldn't be receiving a claim for the cost of the item & court costs. Silly Billy.

Do keep us posted :typing:

Comment

Slightly at a tangent, but picking up on FP's remarks about packaging, a very light but strong packaging can be made from discarded polystyrene sheets completely bound and covered by parcel tape. I've used it to send fragile items like old radio valves without any problems at all

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
        Well done! Let's hope he sees the light and offers a settlement. Maybe he'll agree to mediation when he gets his N180. I hope lots of people are reading this thread and learn their lesson: if you are going to send an item, scrimping on packaging for the sake of saving a few quid doesn't pay in the long run! If he'd paid for a sturdy box to house the item he wouldn't be receiving a claim for the cost of the item & court costs. Silly Billy.

Do keep us posted :typing:
        Hi FP

Yes I also hope people are reading this and learning the procured on what to do. I didn't know the first thing on how to pursue this so I hope it acts as a guide so others are not left out of pocket ( providing it goes my way )
        Decent packaging is given away free at most supermarkets they just leave piles of empty box's about for public to take and use.

Will let you know what happens next.

Thanks for everything so far I dare say I will be requiring more advice as we progress.

Regards
        Shane

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        Slightly at a tangent, but picking up on FP's remarks about packaging, a very light but strong packaging can be made from discarded polystyrene sheets completely bound and covered by parcel tape. I've used it to send fragile items like old radio valves without any problems at all
        Hi Des

I totally agree decent packaging is not expensive it just take some consideration and thought and there would be no problems.
        Carelessness cost's money that could of otherwise been avoided.

Regards
        Shane

Comment

Hi All

Quick update.....

On the MCOL Website it now shows the status as transferred to SOUTHAMPTON .
          That's not looking good for it being local to myself is it ?

Cheers
          Shane

Comment

Court cases invariably are heard in the defendants local court but see post 62 above

Comment

If we think in terms of the defendant until a judgement is obtained does not owe you anything at the moment you are saying he owes you and he is denying it?
              Makes sense for the case to go to their local court so they can attend why should a defendant pay to prove its not their debt in travelling time and cost.

I believe you are right no doubt about that from what you have put on here a Judge has to see both sides and you both have the right to appear that's the system

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                Court cases invariably are heard in the defendants local court but see post 62 above
                Morning Des

Yes I got that saved in the fav's for me to read through.

Cheers
                Shane

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                  If we think in terms of the defendant until a judgement is obtained does not owe you anything at the moment you are saying he owes you and he is denying it?
                  Makes sense for the case to go to their local court so they can attend why should a defendant pay to prove its not their debt in travelling time and cost.

I believe you are right no doubt about that from what you have put on here a Judge has to see both sides and you both have the right to appear that's the system
                  Morning Wales01man

That's fair enough I guess but I will be making the trip along with my partner who is listed as a witness to the condition of package on arrival. So that's 2 people having to make a 2.5 hour drive from my location to the court and then another 2.5 hour return trip ( GREAT FUN ).

Cheers
                  Shane

Comment

Problem can be You win and are awarded costs and he don't pay or gets Judge to order a Pound a month hope not you have a watertight case but anything came happen

Comment

Problem can be You win and are awarded costs and he don't pay or gets Judge to order a Pound a month hope not you have a watertight case but anything came happen
                      Hi,
                      Ahhhh I hope not .... the longer this drags on the more I doubt my \ the ability to come out triumphant unfortunately.

Cheers
                      Shane

Comment

Hi All

Quick update.

Have received an official letter now stating this has been transferred to Southampton courts and I will receive a further letter with a date allocated for the hearing.

I have also received an email from the defendant with the below.

Hi Shane,

I normally enjoy court cases but I’m not enjoying this one because I do feel for your situation although you started proceedings against me.

So I have written to Parcelforce and asked them to send a rep to look at the packaging. If any one contacts you, please keep me informed.

Regards,

Thanks
                        Shane

Comment

A comedian ! Enjoys Court cases must have been there a few times still think you will win bit late for a rep to see the packaging could have been changed since they first stated insufficient packaging .

File all the emails letters you get ready to include in your Court case might show him to be the idiot he seems to be

Comment

A comedian ! Enjoys Court cases must have been there a few times still think you will win bit late for a rep to see the packaging could have been changed since they first stated insufficient packaging .

File all the emails letters you get ready to include in your Court case might show him to be the idiot he seems to be
                            Hi Mate
                            I am going to print them all out this weekend and get all the correspondents in order and place in a file to take with me.

Id like to take this entire forum thread with me also

Thanks
                            Shane

Comment

If the Judge reads everything from the both of you he can only decide one way its such a pity that this seller feels he has done no wrong, Having had an online business and selling on Ebay I always made sure a full refund was issued for faulty or damaged goods its IMO the only way to behave

Comment

Hi All

Quick update. Received this email from the Defendant this afternoon.

Hi Shane,

Parcelforce have offered a settlement of £100. Would you like me to settle for that, as a full and final settlement between all the parties involved, and forward a cheque to you for that amount, after their cheque has cleared?

Or would you prefer to continue to court? I am happy to follow your instructions but cannot give you legal advice or be responsible for the outcome of the court’s decision. It might be an idea to take legal advice because if I settle with Parcelforce that disables your ability to claim against Parcelforce for negligence and the probability is that you will lose the case against me (in my opinion anyway!).

I wish you had sued Parcelforce because the case would of been heard in your local court and the probability is that you would of won quite easily.

I will do whatever you want me to do except that I will defend your action against me by evidencing that what I have said is true.

Regards,

Thanks
                                Shane

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X