• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Not sure what to do next damaged package ( parcelforce )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not sure what to do next damaged package ( parcelforce )

Hi Des, Amethyst & parrot

Thanks for all the help that's been provided through yourselves and the other guys on here its been great as I would not of had a clue where to begin.
    Will keep you all updated with the progress as it happens and if I get stuck also .

Best Regards
    Shane

Comment

Hi All

Just a quick update i have received an email from the gentleman to say he has received the court papers and is preparing his defence.

Thanks
      Shane

Comment

Originally posted by Shanemorgan View Post
        Hi All

Just a quick update i have received an email from the gentleman to say he has received the court papers and is preparing his defence.

Thanks
        Shane
        I hope you intend to post it up here, can't wait to see what excuse he will try to concoct!

Comment

Hi All

Activity update,
          A defence was filed on the 13/07/15
          A bar was put in place on the 13/07/15

Any info on what this means would be gratefully received and what to expect next.

Thanks
          Shane

Comment

You will be sent a copy of the defence and an allocation questionnaire for return to the court.
            The "bar" is to prevent you applying for a Judgement by default

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
              You will be sent a copy of the defence and an allocation questionnaire for return to the court.
              The "bar" is to prevent you applying for a Judgement by default
              Hi Des

Thanks for that so I will just see what arrives in the post now then over the next few days.

Cheers
              Shane

Comment

Hi All

Just received an email from the chap stating that today he has filled in another questionnaire from the courts and will be posting it back out tomorrow.
                I have still not received anything in the post as yet.

Thanks
                Shane

Comment

Hi All

I have now received paperwork in the post. I have received a defence and counterclaim form which he has filled in and also added an attachment with his defence written out on ( I have attached a picture of this ).
                  I have also received a Direction questionnaire ( small claims track ) forms which I am to fill in. I also received a would you like to settle your case without going to court guidance form for mediation.

Let me know what you guys think of the defence attachment.

Thanks
                  Shane
                  Attached Files

Comment

Did the exchange, or anything like it, actually occur?
                    Was the item for collection only?
                    Presumably you had to give him your address, and pay extra for postage?
                    Was any of this done by email, or was it all via phone?
                    If by email, have you retained them?

Even if the agreement was for him to post at your risk, he has a duty to wrap the item securely, which he didn't

Comment

Did the exchange, or anything like it, actually occur?
                      Was the item for collection only?
                      Presumably you had to give him your address, and pay extra for postage?
                      Was any of this done by email, or was it all via phone?
                      If by email, have you retained them?

Even if the agreement was for him to post at your risk, he has a duty to wrap the item securely, which he didn't

Hi Des

Thanks for taking a look please see below email I received from him after purchase.

Hi Shane,

Thank you for buying the VR-5000. It has been well wrapped and don’t forget there are 2 parcels inside. The radio and the adapter.

Irritatingly, I have missed todays Parcel Post as they came early, apparently.

So you should get it Thursday as next day was £27!

The tracking number Barcode is: FWBW3231480GB

I hope it arrives safely, and on time, and gives you many years of pleasure.

Please confirm safe receipt of this email.

Thanks,

Regards

Thanks
                      Shane

Comment

Think your dealing with a Comedian has he made a counterclaim?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                          Think your dealing with a Comedian has he made a counterclaim?
                          Hey buddy

No he has selected not to make a counter claim just as well as I would of blown my lid.

Cheers
                          Shane

Comment

Originally posted by Shanemorgan View Post
                            Hi All

I have now received paperwork in the post. I have received a defence and counterclaim form which he has filled in and also added an attachment with his defence written out on ( I have attached a picture of this ).
                            I have also received a Direction questionnaire ( small claims track ) forms which I am to fill in. I also received a would you like to settle your case without going to court guidance form for mediation.

Let me know what you guys think of the defence attachment.
                            What were items 3 and 4 on your particulars of claim, the ones he's replied to with "I believe the claimant"? Sounds like he's taking the Mick... :mmph:

Comment

What were items 3 and 4 on your particulars of claim

1. On 15 June 2015 the claimant purchased via the internet a YAESU 5000 communications receiver in the sum of £165.00 from the defendant.

2. The defendant was to deliver the item to the claimant's premises
                              3. The item was delivered on 17 June 2015 damaged
                              4. The item is not fit for purpose
                              5. Despite written requests the defendant has refused to refund the purchase price
                              AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS
                              1.The sum of £165
                              2.Interest as per sec 69 of the county Courts Act 1984 at such rate and for such period as the court thinks fit
                              3.Costs

I'm making no comments until tomorrow!.

Comment

3. The item was delivered on 17 June 2015 damaged
                                4. The item is not fit for purpose
                                So I was right, he WAS taking the mickey! :tinysmile_cry_t:

CPR 16.5:
                                (5) Subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), a defendant who fails to deal with an allegation shall be taken to admit that allegation.
                                As he didn't deal with the allegations above, he shall be taken to admit the allegations that the item was damaged on delivery and not fit for purpose. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X