• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pontin's holiday park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pontin's holiday park

Just to keep you all up to date, I went back to Pontins and asked for Mark at reception, he invited me into his office and apologized for the errors made.
    He offer me a club apartment at budget apartment price and a free bottle of wine, newspaper and free breakfasts for both days.
    Good result I think!

Comment

Hello. I would like some advice with dealing with Pontins:

I booked a four night stay for my family at Pontins Camber Sands site in April. We left after staying for one night when we found the electric shower had a red PAT sticker stating that the appliance had failed a safety test in February and should not be used. We brought this to Reception's attention the next day and were not offered another room nor any assurance the shower would be fixed or replaced.

I followed Pontins complaint procedure, asking Phil Martin the General Manager at Camber Sands for a full refund. After a protracted email conversation, he offered me first a 30% discount on our next stay, then 50%. He then told me that was his final offer. When I asked to whom I could escalate my complaint to I was told by him there was no next stage.

Not to be deterred, I wrote to first Pontins Head Office, then Brittannia Hotels Head Office, receiving no reply from either. I then happened upon this thread and emailed Brittannia's CEO Alex Langsam via Eileen Downey, asking for a full refund, or I would take legal action. A couple of days later I received an email from Amber Ablitt the Sales & Events Co-Ordinator at Camber Sands which stated I would receive my refund. When the cheque finally arrived it was for only £89.25 which is 75% of the £119 of the price paid.

I would like some advice as to what laws to quote to them as a basis of of my claim of a full refund, given that they did not provide what they said they would provide – a safe, working shower.

Thanks for any advice, Ben

Comment

I too would like some advice regarding claiming some or all of my money back from Pontins. My letter was sent on the 3 August and it took 6 weeks for an unsatisfactory reply.

3 August 2015
        Dear Pontins,
        Re: Unsatisfactory Holiday at Brean Sands on 25 July 2015 to 1 August 2015
        Booking ref: 5884528
        I have just returned from a holiday at Brean Sands with my wife and 2 sons, which was most disappointing.
        Please find below a list of our complaints:
        1. Dirty Chalet, smelt damp
        2. Rotten wood around the bathroom door frame and was unable to close.
        3. Lack of electrical wall sockets. None in bedroom. Needing to plug in a night light.
        4. Wall socket hanging off the wall connected to fridge.
        5. VERY uncomfortable sofa bed with springs poking through.
        6. Paint peeling off walls.
        7. Noisy chalet around us with loud music, banging of doors, shouting...etc
        8. Limited parking near chalet
        9. Long queues at meal times up to 40 mins at times.
        10. Cold food when it should be hot.
        11. Very poor selection of meals and were repeated every few days!
        12. Poor healthy (Chips or Chips. No fresh vegetables) options especially for myself who is diabetic.
        13. The 20 year old portable TV in the chalet was broken. Once fixed had very limited channels and some were fuzzy and unwatchable.
        14. Very dated site which was a surprise / disappointment.
        15. Poor customer service. When our concerns were raised about our chalet nothing was done nor did they seem interested.
        16. I became violently sick and had diarrhoea. First aider CJ visited and advised me to speak to NHS Direct. On speaking to Nurse an ambulance was then sent to the site. The paramedics after checking me out informed me that i had food poisoning. I then spent 2 days in bed. The following day my wife and sons became ill.
        To action this I would like you to Repy to my emails and letters to discuss the matter.
        I look forward to a response within 7 days of this correspondence.
        Please reply to my resolver email account as I would like to keep all of my communications in my personalised complaints case file.

This was the response I received from Pontins!!!

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your letter. We have now had the opportunity of investigating the matter on your behalf, and therefore in a position to comment further.
        Thank you for highlighting the issues experienced on your recent stay. We apologise that on this occasion the standard we have achieved falls below your expectation, please be assured that we give full attention to such information in order to improve our process on centre and give a better experience to future guests.
        Basic cleanliness standards, which were the cause of your distress, cannot be compromised. In view of your comments a copy of your letter has now been passed to relevant department managers in order that they are aware of your observations and can take any necessary action.
        We are sorry that you felt we were unable to rectify any of the problems that you encountered at our centre. I am sure that our accommodation office could have been sent down to re-clean your apartment and the issue with bathroom door not shutting & loose wall socket our maintenance team also could have rectified these, had we been informed while you were on site.
        I was surprised to hear that you were unhappy with our restaurant although I appreciate since we converted to a carvery style it does get very busy. We have a variety of choices of food areas on park and we do our best to accommodate anyone wishing to eat on site. The half board vouchers are also redeemable in our two eating venues, Captain Cods and the Whistle Stop, I apologise if this was not made clear to you. Generally speaking the feedback about our food, system, service and standards has been more than positive I apologise if you did not feel this was the case on this occasion.
        Meanwhile, we are sorry that you have found it necessary to write a letter of this nature and we sincerely hope that despite your current feelings you might decide to favour us with another visit to one of our locations at some time in the future.
        Kind Regards,
        Customer Services Team

Still no apology for giving me food poisoning. I have now emailed Britainnia for complaints dept but as yet nothing back from them!

I would be grateful for any advice

Comment

We arrived for our much looked forward family holiday at camber sands and were aghast at the terrible condition of our room.
          There was mold on the back of all curtains(both are boys are asthma sufferers)the cooker had rust all over the top.fridge had rust and dents in door.there was poo on the inside of toilet and the TV did not have no picture.We complained and got a change of rooms but there was still mold on these curtains rust on the cooker top .
          picture on TV had snow on it were told this is the best you will get so have to put up with it.The sofa bed when sat on leg broke so we had a replacement bought in which was faulty the ratchet to hold the back up was not working so the chaps place it against the wall saying it would not go nowhere and being busy would not be able to come again tonight.As soon as we sat on this the leg broke off so we had enough and decided to leave.We arrived after 5pm on 8th April and left at 21:00 on the 8th handing are keys back to security.I had to at cost pay 85 pounds to stay at premier inn.As I suffer from sarcoid a.medical condition and with my boys asthma on healthgrounds I believe this was the correct action to take.

Comment

Have you now made a formal complaint and asked for a refund and recompense for your alternative accommodation ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X