• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pontin's holiday park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pontin's holiday park

Need a little help finding the relevant government body I need to contact to escalate a dispute I'm having with Pontins.
    Back in February my wife booked a weekend at Pontin's in Southport for a biker event for four, we booked direct through Pontins booking office without giving the event promo code.
    We booked the club apartment because it came with free electricity, a welcome pack, free national newspaper, free bottle of wine and free breakfast for one morning, when we arrived and booked in all we got was free electricity and a welcome pack.
    later that day I asked about the breakfast and wine and was told that we are not entitled to them as we booked on a "special events weekend", I told them the only reason we upgraded to a club apartment was for the free electricity, wine and breakfast and it didn't state anywhere on their website that the offer is not available on "special events weekends" and we where not told over the phone while booking.
    I wrote a letter to the manager pointing out these issues and also that our TV wasn't working (called the main gate and reception over a three hour period, not once was our calls answered apart from when we called bookings which was answered in two rings), their reply was more like "it's not our fault it's the event organiser so deal with it"
    I wrote another letter to the Manager (Mark Teare) pointing out that we booked with them and not through the event organiser so Pontin's is responsible for this dispute, that was on the 07/03/14 and I've had no reply.
    I think Marks had more than enough time to respond but has chose to ignore my complaint so now I need to take the matter further, who should I contact next?

I've attached both letters to Pontin's but I can't find the response letter at the moment 'sorry'.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Pontin's holiday park

Anyone know who I need to contact??

Comment

On their website, Pontins display an award from the Institute of Customer Service as winners of the UK Customer Satisfaction Awards 2013. It may be worth contacting the institute in question and copying Pontins in your complaint. Customer complaints are likely to affect any customer satisfaction award, so this may make them stand up and pay attention to your complaint. http://www.instituteofcustomerservice.com/167/Home.html

Failing that, you may want to contact Trading Standards: http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/e...lias=/contact/

Comment

The CEO is Mr Alex Langsam (Pontins are part of Britannia Hotels) and can be contacted via:

eileen.downey@britanniahotels.com

This may also be a constructive way to pursue your issue.

Comment

Thanks for that guys

Comment

OK! I've sen't an email to the CEO attaching the letters sent to Mark Teare, I'll see what reply I get before deciding where to go from there

Comment

So far I've had no reply from Alex Langsam but I finally had a reply from Mark, he's fobbed me off saying that all special events are booked by the organiser and therefor it is up to the event organiser to tell us as they set the prices, Pontin's where keen enough to take my money off me for the extra's I thought we was getting so they should pay me back if I didn't get them.
              NOT HAPPY
              :rant:

Comment

*UPDATE*
                Just had a reply back from The Institute of Customer Services, Pontin's are not members of the Institute so there is nothing they can do.

I sent them a reply telling the Institute that Pontin's are claiming to be member by using their Logo and proudly showing that they where one of the winners of the 2013 ICS awards.

Comment

Try the sale of goods act 1979. and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982

(1)Subject to this and any other Act, a contract of sale may be made in writing (either with or without seal), or by word of mouth, or partly in writing and partly by word of mouth, or may be implied from the conduct of the parties.

You have obviously paid for goods, ie; breakfast, newspapers,50% discount on all Leisure Activities between 10am and 12pm etc;

You entered into a contract with Pontins, and fulfilled your obligations by paying Pontins the agreed price at the time of making the contract.
                  Pontins have failed to keep to their side of the agreement, in that they have not supplied the goods and services paid for.
                  You never received what you paid for under the above acts.
                  I think you have a pretty good case and you should make Pontins CEO aware of this fact.
                  You could also threaten to go to the newspapers with the story.
                  “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

OK! email sent to Alex Langsam telling him I've exhausted all communications with Mark Teare and quoting the sale of goods act and supply of goods and services act, I'll be surprised if I get a reply

Comment

Good for you...
                      keep us informed.
                      I might even write to him, saying I am following this case quite closely, and is that the normal way of Pontins doing business.
                      If so, could he recommend another holiday company who do not have this procedure.
                      And he better answer me.:tinysmile_twink_t2:
                      “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Originally posted by swifty View Post
                        OK! email sent to Alex Langsam telling him I've exhausted all communications with Mark Teare and quoting the sale of goods act and supply of goods and services act, I'll be surprised if I get a reply
                        Do you think it might be time to have some fun with the press? layball:

Or, you could invoice their accounts department for the difference between what you were led to believe you would receive for your money and what you did receive (suitably itemised):ranger: and see what happens...

Comment

Just received an email from Mark Teare, even though I sent the email to Alex Langsam @ eileen.downey@britanniahotels.com Mark seams to have intercepted the email and sent me a reply "maybe one of the head honcho's at Britannia Hotels forwarded it onto Mark and told him to deal with it"
                          Mark want's me to give him a call on Thursday to come to an amicable agreement, cant wait to hear what he's got to say
                          :tongue2:
                          I won't be accepting a £50 money off voucher at any Pontins holiday which they seem to offer everyone, I want a partial refund in hard cash nothing less.

I'll keep you posted
                          :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Swifty - don't you want a full refund in hard cash?

Comment

Seeing as they broke the contract and did not supply the goods, demand a full refund mate.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X