• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Carphone warehouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carphone warehouse

In Feb 2014 I purchased from carphone warehouse, a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 value £600-00 on a contract with O2which up to date has worked without problem, I used my phone the other day to make a call ..no problem I went to my car with my phone in my hand sat in the car placed the phone on the seat , and drove off to my destination, on route I pulled over to send a text, the phone was dead, I removed the battery to do a soft reset which worked and the phone restarted, but when the display appeared the screen was distorted and missing pixels.
    I returned to the carphone warehouse they looked at the phone and said they would send it for repair, they gave me a repair form stating (Problem with phone ..MISSING PIXELS) Two weeks later they said they could not repair the phone under warranty as the screen was cracked there was not a single visible marl on the screen or the body of the phone when the took it in for repair and it would cost £179-00 to repair, I went to the store to collect my phone and argue the point, to my horror the phone now had a crack in the screen which was not there when the sent it to their repair centre and to add insult to injury the phone was completely unusable, previously I could use the phone for calls and text but now the screen was completely black, when I asked about this the assistant told me when they take the screen out for checking they have broke the seal that was the reason did I want to pay for the repair I told them no and argued the my case which was a waste of time they were just not interested, I phone c/w to complain without avail they just said they have to stand by their engineers report, I phone Samsung and they said take to their sevice centre and tell them the story but I got the same reply from them (THERES A CRACK IN THE SCREEN CANT BE REPAIRED UNDER WARRANTY) now at a loss what to do,
    Ther are no marks on the phone and it is as if it had just come out of the box apart from the crack that mysteriously appeared, I do take extreme care of my phones and have never abused or dropped the phone as they are trying to suggest.
    Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Carphone warehouse

This is only a suggestion, but I would get the phone independently examined.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Done that took it to the Samsung repair dept but they say sorry but theres a crack on the screen lol explain the situation to them and all they said was because theres a crack no repair under warranty and wanted 150 to change the screen

Comment

Originally posted by chinablue32uk View Post
        Done that took it to the Samsung repair dept but they say sorry but theres a crack on the screen lol explain the situation to them and all they said was because theres a crack no repair under warranty and wanted 150 to change the screen
        If the screen wasn't cracked when you handed it in at Carphone Warehouse, then it clearly occurred whilst in their possession. Have you spoken to Trading Standards?

Comment

Trading Standards today and see what they say

Comment

What a joke outfit CPW are I spoke to the escalation team and a very helpful gentleman told me he could not do anything about escalating my complaint as the person he has to refer it to was the same person that inspected my phone,I told hime that the phone had been damaged by them to which he replied impossible as the take care of phones when sent for repair and use special protective containers for transport, I told him yes I saw the polythene bag it was returned in when I collected my phone, to which he replied well it your word against the stores so there is nothing he could do, I hope he was wearing his stripey t shirt and his mask ...I am absolutely disgusted

Comment

Unfortunately, CPW and its offshoot, Talk Talk, have a history of bullying customers and misleading them. A regulator fined them and ordered compensation of around the £2 million mark over the way they treat customers.

The onus is on CPW to explain how the damage occurred, as if the damage was not in evidence when you handed it in to them, then it can only have happened whilst in their possession, or that of whoever they passed it on to, if it was a company other than CPW that surveys equipment. CPW's escalations teams and their high level complaints teams will try every trick in the book to get CPW off the hook - I've had experience of this - including blatant attempts to mislead and misinform. Keep Trading Standards up to speed on this. They could be useful in achieving resolution of this matter.

Comment

very true always amazing no of problems with phones and contracts have had issues with talk talk in the past agree with the above :tongue2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X