• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VistaPrint Scam ( VPrewards and Clubprem )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VistaPrint Scam ( VPrewards and Clubprem )

The first time I heard of VistaPrint was a leaflet from them in an Amazon parcel advertising freebies. Looked at the site and realised it was too good to be true but have been bombarded by email and post with their rubbish.

Comment

To help prevent unwanted junk mail by post you can register FREE here >>>MPS online

I have used this and also the telephone preference service TPS Registration and they do help reduce unsolicited marketing. You do however need to re submit your details now and again as some do slip through the net. If after registering here you do continue to get calls/mail, it gives you a much stronger case to complain.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by goldenghosty View Post
        The first time I heard of VistaPrint was a leaflet from them in an Amazon parcel advertising freebies. Looked at the site and realised it was too good to be true but have been bombarded by email and post with their rubbish.

Hi GG

Yes same here, I keep getting emails from them nearly everyday,but I just delete and ignore them now. Its a bit like getting those 'beneficiary' scam emails too. By rights I should be a multi-millionairess 20 times over lol. I can't believe how many I get a day,never mind a week! They just go in the trash can and that's where they all belong IMO.

bfxx

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum

Comment

To Amethyst,

I am a representative from Adaptive Affinity Ltd and Adaptive Affinity partners.

Firstly I would like to apologize for your experiences to date. It is our intention to keep our
          customers central to our business model and it is important that we always offer the best services.

In response to your post I would like to state that Adaptive Affinity Ltd and
          partners in no way operate in illegal, immoral or dishonest business practices. Our offerings grow
          constantly and allow us to offer great deals and discounts for all our members. We remain in easy
          reach of our members and encourage feedback on our services, and are confident that the majority of
          our members enjoy good service and benefits.

All our services are clearly explained online and prospective members are always given the
          opportunity to opt out of any of our membership programmes. Like in any business refunds are
          discretionary and dependent upon the individual circumstances, but we are always committed to
          offering a clear and honest service.

Adaptive Affinity operates in a consumer friendly environment and will offer help and support to all
          members of our partner brands. We will offer information into our offerings and products and we will
          endeavor to offer the best customer service.

You and all other readers of this post may use one of the following contact
          methods;

1. Call +44 (0) 870 143 2343
          2. Visit Consumer FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)- Adaptive Affinity
          3. Post your questions or concerns on our forum: AdaptiveAffinity --- Forums | Adaptive Affinity Consumer Forum.

Kind regards,
          Adaptive Affinity Customer Service

Comment

A quick word of warning to anyone who's said anything negative about VP Rewards and Club Prem.

It seems that the company behind the scheme, Adaptive Affinity Ltd, is going after bloggers and commentors, and is trying to force removal of customer comments, presumably to try to improve their reputation.

Their strategy appears to be to post a friendly message (like the one above), then send a formal letter of complaint asking for take-down.

From a Google search, they're going after companies both here in the UK, and in the US. See the following two news stories:

Vistaprint is threatening to sue me over a blog comment

and

Adaptive Affinity requests deletion of over 190 comments

I suspect Legal Beagles could be next, given the comment above!

Comment

I suspect this may draw a lot more attention to their alleged activities which can scarcely be their intention. I am always 'winning' the opportunity to do business with them. I always decline.
              Scottish Wildcat Association, conserving Scotland's critically endangered wild felines

Comment

If we receive any such letter then we will consider any comments and look at whether any comments could be considered as defamatory, so far this thread only details issues people have had with the companies and also details when those issues have been rectified by the company and how. Also I think we'd need to obtain assurances that steps have been taking to stop/resolve the practises which have caused problems with customers in the past from happening to future customers.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

This thread is a well balanced one as it has possitives as well as negatives so any company should take that as an oman
                  If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Please can someone help me. I ordered from Vistaprint in 2008 and used my husbands debit card from his business account to pay. I have been paying ever since!! Approx £600 has been taken and I just didn't notice thinking it was him using his debit card.
                    I am still in shock as I have never even heard of vprewards.com. I had no confirmation email, membership no or anything sent to me. They offered me £122 as a gesture of goodwill, but I refused. I've written to them demanding a full refund. Who should I contact?
                    Vistaprint have denied they have anything to do with it.

Originally posted by sam View Post
                    I have been caught with this with Vista print. Sorry to say that all of us who are paying this DID click the box for it. It is done in a sneeky way. That said I got over 9 months back from my vista print VIP rewards.

They get you when you place your order and it takes you to a page where you are asked to do their servey. This also means to agree to them taking 9.95 a month for their vip rewards. You may be offered a ten pound off code instead. Best thing with vista print is do your order and click nothing.

If you ring the head office and get through to the States they will re pay all the money. Like I said, I got mine back with out one letter.

Comment

VP Rewards

This allows you to cancel your membership, but then I'm cautious as by cancelling it, you may be admitting you were aware of its existence in the first place.

DO NOT FOLLOW THE LINK - I LINKED TO THE WRONG THREAD ON MSE. GOOGLE AND YOU WILL FIND THE RIGHT ONE!

Big thread on this on MSE 6 month old won't let me go. - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

There is loads about this on the internet - have you read it?
                      Last edited by Caspar; 28th October 2011, 08:33:AM.

Comment

I have read a lot about it now!! Can't believe i've been so well & truly scammed, or how long it's been going on. I have only seen 3 posts where people got a refund. Surely if you pay a subscription you would get emails telling you latest offers etc. (I still have no idea what the subscription was for) They didn't even inform me when the subscription went up 4 times!

Feel so bad about it all as only ordered business cards as a favour to my husband, using his debit card!! Thats how it went on for 3yrs before I noticed.
                        Have demanded a full refund after they offered £122.20 goodwill gesture.
                        There is no goodwill that would ever make me feel any better about this. I just cannot believe that a company that is becoming a very well known brand would risk their reputation in this way.

Comment

Am I glad I saw this. I ordered a one off last month for my son. Have just gone into the account that was set up (I had to to order the business cards) and discovered that I am apparently a vista plus member and as such will be paying them a monthly fee. Why and for what I don't know, but anyway I have cancelled the account and will be phoning them int the morning to have a few words.

Should anyone need it, this is the number given for complaints :-
                          0800 496 0350

Oh and in my trawling I also found this to apparently get rid of cookies that send advertising http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp ,Hope it helps.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X