• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VistaPrint Scam ( VPrewards and Clubprem )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VistaPrint Scam ( VPrewards and Clubprem )

VistaPrint got me as well. In total they stole £252.05!!!

I have done quite a lot of research into who is behind VistaPrint's websites and what else they are doing. What I found out is published here I GOT SCAMMED BY VISTAPRINT, Adaptive Marketing, Adaptive Affinity Ltd, CLUBPREM.COM, HIGHSTREETMAX.COM and AMAZON!!! | The Blog of Hubbers

If you can find out anything else like email addresses or names of the managers or owners of these dodgy companies please let me know.

I have set up an online petition stating that Amazon should stop circulating advertising material for VistaPrint. Hopefully if we get enough signatures Amazon will stop doing business with these scammers and we will get them where it hurts the most … their bank account!

Stop Amazon/VistaPrint scam Petition

Comment

I've used them with no problems at all; HOWEVER - they ARE operating illegal advertising campaigns.

First of all - it is NOT an introductory offer, and you HAVE NOT won!!!

Certain VistaPrint products can be obtained in certain quantities by paying only the postage charge. This is a standing arrangement which has been the case since VistaPrint started up and I see no sign of it changing anytime soon.

They constantly send me emails saying that I've "won" one of these standard offerings and that this "offer" is exclusive to me. The email comes from DBP Promotions and was originated by "MyOffers.co.uk" - something I have vainly been trying to unsubscribe from for months.

So - DON'T pay them by credit card, BEWARE that you may have ticked the "Continuous Authority" box, and DON'T read their SPAM emails!

Now - does anyone have any advice about how to get DBP Promotions, VistaPrint and MyOffers.co.uk reported for illegal advertising practices?

Tom
      I will not provide support by Private Message under any circumstances. This is for your protection and mine. Any advice I give is my own opinion and carries no legal weight. Check it before you use it!
      Over £1200 claimed in several actions against several organisations.

Comment

Hi Hubbers and Hi again stoney mate

False advertising should be reported to the ASA

Welcome to ASA
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I'm glad this thread was started, I was getting lots of e-mails from vista. They were offering anything and everything for free if I signed up to them. I was quite close to placing an order, now thanks to this I will avoid these mongrels.

Thanks
          Hod.
          Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Just to let everyone know, one of Beagles members has some very interesting views on how to deal with complaints about vistaprint but because they have closse links to people involved would like to remain anonymous. As soon as they have given me some more information I will post it up here.

A big thank you, you know who you are.
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

i just found out i been done, £70 it cost me, i have phoned them and they are not going to give me any money back, because they said i clicked a box for £10 or summer, and thats all, and then that tick box sent me an email saying that there going to take £9.95 out of my back, but that email was stuck in my spam box, how stupid is that, im suppose to know, but it stuck in my spam box that i dont look in

Comment

I have been caught with this with Vista print. Sorry to say that all of us who are paying this DID click the box for it. It is done in a sneeky way. That said I got over 9 months back from my vista print VIP rewards.

They get you when you place your order and it takes you to a page where you are asked to do their servey. This also means to agree to them taking 9.95 a month for their vip rewards. You may be offered a ten pound off code instead. Best thing with vista print is do your order and click nothing.

If you ring the head office and get through to the States they will re pay all the money. Like I said, I got mine back with out one letter.

Comment

Its funny this came up I have noticedsomething similar with a "shoppng rewards " site . Next week when I am off work doing lovely things like DIY I have to sort it out.

I vaguely remember doing a survey - but nothing else and making a purchase - think it may have been through expedia or something - now there is money going out of my account! £9.95 per month

I will let you know when I get to the bottom of what it is about umpkin2:
                  "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

An update

I wrote an email to shopper rewards and discounts - and said that I would take advice if they did not cancel payments and refund me.

They have sent a copy of the agreement and in the small print it does say the card will be used for a continuous payment.

I honestly do not remember this at all . As far as I was concerned it was just to get a voucher through expedia.

Anyway I threatened getting legal advice - and guess what they refunded all the payments and cancelled the agreement.

I still find it odd as I am normally very careful about giving my card details.

But got my money back anyway - about £50.00
                    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

Comment

Yes - it's not stealing because they tell you about it. The fact that they tell you about it in small print which was buried with the last dinosaur is nothing to do with it.

Just don't do the survey! Or if you do, don't tick the box saying you want their promotions.

I truly believe that these shonky practices don't belong to VistaPrint, but to MyOffers.co.uk who manage the marketing. I think that VistaPrint are actually an excellent service; but they have chosen a very dodgy marketing partner - I think they're called various things; MyOffers, DBP Promotions (or similar) and so on.

Just be really careful...

I complained to the ASA about my dodgy adverts in email; the ASA have had my name removed from the distribution list (where I had failed several times) and they have also asked them for a clarification of the adverts, particularly with reference to the assertion that the recipient had "won". (This isn't the case of course). We are awaiting MyOffers' response; if it is unsatisfactory there are further hoops the ASA have to jusmp through.

Tom
                      I will not provide support by Private Message under any circumstances. This is for your protection and mine. Any advice I give is my own opinion and carries no legal weight. Check it before you use it!

Comment

It has been suggested to me by a member, that would rather remain anonymous, that you address any complaints you have personally to the following person.

He is David Landau, Chairman of Saffron Hill Ventures Ltd, based in London (Saffron Hill Ventures) As can be noted from the website, Saffron Hill are investors in Vistaprint. Their address is:-

Saffron Hill Ventures
                        52 Upper Brook Street
                        London W1K 2BU
                        020 7693 8300

email: contact@saffronhill.com

Please be polite in your letters and express your concerns to the underhand and misleading practices that go on. Also inform him that you have/will complain to the ASA as Stoney has.

Fortunately I have had no dealings with VistaPrint and am just passing on this info as the OP may be compromised if they gave the info themselves. You know who you are and thank you.

Comment

Yes I gathered they were associated as I have been bombarded with emails from Vistaprint as well from home and work.

Comment

I've recently ordered from them, should I be worried?
                            Any tips on what action I should take? It was paid for on my boyfriend's card.

Comment

Just make sure you don't do the survey, or if you do, don't tick the box saying you want further communications from them. Opt out of EVERYTHING you could opt into or out of! As I said above, Vistaprint are cool - it's their marketing partners who are well dodgy.

Tom

Comment

I have a huge blog post with all the details of all of the different scamming sites Vistaprint Adaptive Affinity run and how best to get a refund.

I GOT SCAMMED BY VISTAPRINT, Adaptive Marketing, Adaptive Affinity Ltd, CLUBPREM.COM, HIGHSTREETMAX.COM and AMAZON!!! | HUBBERS DOT COM BLOG

Also you should sign this petition!
                                Stop Amazon/VistaPrint scam - Signatures

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X